Lake Channel Cattin - from the Bank

Discussion in 'Channel Catfish' started by SubnetZero, Aug 1, 2007.

1. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Seen a few threads on Lake fishing for Channels. I decided to detour from my Flathead chasing and get some "action" fishing in :wink: ..
    I originally meant to snap more pics than I did, but got caught up in the fishing aspect and forgot to take some that I wanted to heh...

Anyways, You need to first pic out a fine piece of real estate to fish :big_smile:

This is the view straight out.. Its a large Flat, around 6 foot deep all across it.

Attached Files:

2. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    This is to the left. Notice the Cypress tress with their root systems in the water

Attached Files:

3. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    This is to the right and pics of KatBobber in action...

Attached Files:

4. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Using a castnet, catch yourself some fresh bait.. I have a Bait tank for my boat, for bank, I just throw em in a 5 Gal bucket.. Pic was taken about half hour after I caught em but they died before an hour was up.. I started out using whole live shad, then went to cut bait after they died.. Im pretty lucky in that If I want live bait, I can just walk a few down the bank and a within a couple throws have fresh lively bait....

Second pic is the rig I use.. I basically use this rig for Flatheads and Channels...

Attached Files:

5. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Using fresh bait, a little time scouting locations, and the proper equipment,you should start catching nice channels cats constantly.
    This one went around 5lbs...

Wish I would have remembered to snap more pics.. I wanted to show how I cut my shad up, or how I hook em live.. Guess I'll save that for another thread :wink:

Attached Files:

6. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Great pics, thanks for sharing.

7. odtimr

odtimr New Member

State:
    nebraska
    Tim
    Thanks for sharing these great pictures, and special fishing spots you have. I hope that little guy in the avatar grows up enjoying fishing like yourself. I sure notice the lack of people and the beautiful area you are lucky enough to enjoy. Luck

8. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Great pics seems like an ideal location. Places like that are hard to find in the big city.

9. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Very nice pics, Tim.

10. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Ya I'm trying to nudge him along without being pushy :big_smile:

This particular spot is on a very busy lake (I wont take my boat out during the day There again) .. Its well off the "Beaten" path.. Can't really make em out, but at the mouth of this cove is "no wake" zone, so helps keep the 900 mph boats out in the lake a bit (though, for some reason they do buzz the buoys at full speed ??) ....

11. los7883

los7883 New Member

State:
    Texas
    waiting to hit my "10 post" count, not letting me see the attachments yet...darn!

12. mopackrat

mopackrat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    yea, I can't veiw 'em yet either. Bummer!