Lake Calaveras

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by willcat, Feb 25, 2008.

1. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    went to calaveras sat. night & took 2 1/2 hours to get unloaded cuz the ramps behind the store are under construction right now. Had to use the one next to the camping spots, what a pain!!!:angry: Witnessed about 10 ppl's trailers fall off the short ramp, that was what took so long to get launched. Didn't do so well sat. night so we stayed on the water till sun. lunch time & ended up w/15 nice keepers, saw Cliff w/ a client & bs'ed for a while at the ramp while loading, got off the water just in time, before all the boaters got there----must have been 150 trailers in the parking lot!!!!!!

2. hillcountryfishin

hillcountryfishin New Member

State:
    tx
    Will, was nice to finally meet ya and talk. Deofnetly crazy out there yesterday. I was running "blocker for ya" there at the end so you could get on the ramp. People were complaining about not having anywhere to tie off to after launching.....had they let a perosn load up , they would have plenty of room to dock....funny how it works that way.

3. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    yea, it was good to meet you & talk some. You are right those ppl had no clue on that ramp, tying off in the launch & what not, I bet it got really stupid after we left, did u see all those ppl in line??? Thanks for the block, I would have never gotten in that ramp as I wanted to be next to the wall so I could see the mark where the ramp ended. way too many ppl out there this weekend, hopefully they finish that ramp by the park store pretty soon, or i will be driving down to choke canyon to fish!!!!! We'll have to do it again sometime, maybe even get in some fishing together!!! Should see you at bass pro..