Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all I think the wait for the new ramp was worth the wait! It is feeling more like a family park...I had a great sunday ended up with 17 kitties! fished the 181 cove 15 came out of that cove. I was using a regular bottom cat rig with a # 2 treble hook and of course dont leave out the DK'S blood and garlic. The other 2 from the bridge. Great time! I noticed boats fishing the dam...any pointers on how deep to fish there and what rig to use?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
nice catch, were u fishing straight down on the bottom or close to the bank with a cork? I agree that ramp is nice now, can't wait to get there again!!!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Way to go Frank, I tried fishing the cove a few weeks back, I didn't hook up with anything and we also didn't stay long. I also didn't fish the area I was taught at (out of respect) but like I said we only stayed about 40 minutes, we needed to get back b4 dark since I didn't have the trailer lights working yet.

Rubes

·
Registered
32 Posts
I was out there all day Sat. Caught well over, never mind, lost count in the 181 Cove using slip bobbers under the trees in about 18" water. Ran the Dam and caught five on the way back (kayaking). I found them in 3 ft of water over 5-7 ft of water using bobber. Fishing about 20 ft from the rip rap. I was using cut carp but I met up with some buddies in a Bass Boat using DKs and they were doing well also. Hope to meet ya all on the water sometime.

:tounge_out:

Rick

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.