Lake Calaveras weekend!

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by gonzo1, Apr 1, 2008.

1. gonzo1

gonzo1 New Member

State:
    texas
    First of all I think the wait for the new ramp was worth the wait! It is feeling more like a family park...I had a great sunday ended up with 17 kitties! fished the 181 cove 15 came out of that cove. I was using a regular bottom cat rig with a # 2 treble hook and of course dont leave out the DK'S blood and garlic. The other 2 from the bridge. Great time! I noticed boats fishing the dam...any pointers on how deep to fish there and what rig to use?

Attached Files:

2. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    nice catch, were u fishing straight down on the bottom or close to the bank with a cork? I agree that ramp is nice now, can't wait to get there again!!!

3. el-de-saspamco

el-de-saspamco New Member

State:
    Saspamco,Texas
    Way to go Frank, I tried fishing the cove a few weeks back, I didn't hook up with anything and we also didn't stay long. I also didn't fish the area I was taught at (out of respect) but like I said we only stayed about 40 minutes, we needed to get back b4 dark since I didn't have the trailer lights working yet.

Rubes

4. gonzo1

gonzo1 New Member

State:
    texas
    :smile2:I was between mid cove and the bank on the bottom. Loved that I didn't get caught up once!

5. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like a good time fishing, thanks for sharing.

6. rickr

rickr New Member

State:
    Schertz Texas
    I was out there all day Sat. Caught well over, never mind, lost count in the 181 Cove using slip bobbers under the trees in about 18" water. Ran the Dam and caught five on the way back (kayaking). I found them in 3 ft of water over 5-7 ft of water using bobber. Fishing about 20 ft from the rip rap. I was using cut carp but I met up with some buddies in a Bass Boat using DKs and they were doing well also. Hope to meet ya all on the water sometime.

:tounge_out:

Rick

7. hillcountryfishin

hillcountryfishin New Member

State:
    tx
    Tis the season to be catching...the spawn is on and the fishing is great.
    Way to go gonzo and Rickr!
    Fishing has been hot last week and this past...Tightlines fellas!
    Ruben, glad to see you and Kev tearing them up!

8. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    nice looking mess of catfish thank you for sharing the pictures with us