Lake Calaveras this weekend yea or nae?

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by gonzo1, Nov 21, 2007.

1. gonzo1

gonzo1 New Member

State:
    texas
    those anyone know how calaveras is during the colder weather?:eek:oooh:

2. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    i hear it is the best time to be there, less pressure & not that many idiots can stand to be out there when it is cold!!!!They say it is good catfishing esp when the birds show up in big #'s

3. gonzo1

gonzo1 New Member

State:
    texas
    I shall be there! I will let you know the outcome...first time using danny kings I am really exited!

4. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    it works real good in the shallows real early or real late under a slip cork in 1-5 ft of water!!!

5. rickr

rickr New Member

State:
    Schertz Texas
    I have been fishing Cali most every Saturday from a Kayak. Been doing real well recently along the rocks in approx 2-4' water using cut bait (Carp and Shad). Even had two Bass hit my slip bobber last Saturday. Caught 30 between 14-23" with very few dinks. Theory goes the rocks soak up the heat from the sun and draw in the bait fish during the colder months. Seems to work most of the time during the past 30 years fishing Cali.

Rick

6. gonzo1

gonzo1 New Member

State:
    texas
    What rocks are you talking about?

7. rickr

rickr New Member

State:
    Schertz Texas
    Sorry, I have been doing well all along the Dam. They are scattered so I have been working the Dam like I was Bass Fishing. If I don't get bit within a minute or two, I move a little ways and try again. Once I get a bite I know there in the area and usually catch three or four. I remember other areas such as along the revetment near the bridge use to pay off well for Bass and I suspect Cats as well. Just a might far for me to paddle now that I sold my Bass rig. Best of luck to you.

Rick