Lake Calaveras-sunday

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by willcat, Jan 28, 2008.

1. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    went out sunday afternoon & tied up to the railroad bridge so i could stay away from all the boaters that were out on this beautiful day. We caught plenty of fish, and took home 12 mixed blues & channels w/ the best being a 5lb blue that my stepson caught. Gonna fry em up tonite, all in all was a pretty day on the water.. all caught on danny kings blood & big marv's cheesebait!!

2. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
    Willcat, I was down there Saturday, most of the day, found the spots ya'll talked about, didn't do any good at all. Tried the bridge, the coves, between the powerlines, Nothing. Did have a chance to meet Cliff, Hillcountryfishin, and swap a fish story or two.

3. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    If ne body knows ne thing bout that lake it's Cliff, must have been an off day, i was there sunday!!

4. stikshooter

stikshooter New Member

State:
    Floresville tx
    Hello,I am new here,usually on txf.I go to cally quite a bit.I went this sat and sun.Sat was one of the better days I have had on the lakeas far as size is concernd caught a couple around 5-7 lbs and several around 2-3 lbs.I did limit out but every one caught was good size.
    Sunday was a different day,I did catch one blue that went 6 lbs,but he was the exceptition,most were around 13-15 in.There was ALOT more boat traffic also.It was just a tougher day

5. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    welcome to the boc, i was out there sunday in my 21ft toon, i bet i saw u there & didnt even know it!!! ur right, there were some pretty unusual boats out there for that lake!!!!

6. hillcountryfishin

hillcountryfishin New Member

State:
    tx
    Eric, good to see ya on the BOC brother!
    Domino man, was a pleasure to meet ya and sawp stories....and thank you for the map of Bastrop. I had a fun time chattin with ya and will look you up since you live close to pop's place.
    Will, we had a great morning saturdya morning then it shut off for us but we had a fun time eneding with 39 or 40. I'll post it up in the reports section later....I wasn't there sunday....we'll admitedly..I had a trip chasing those white scaled fish on the rivers...White Bass...lol. Had great time though and caught em' pretty good for it not being a full blown spawn yet.
    Headed to choke this weekend and back to the river...
    Yall hold cally down for me till the next week..
    Tight line sbuds!

7. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    congrats on your catch:eek:oooh: