Lake Calaveras Report 1/12/08

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Marcos, Jan 12, 2008.

1. Marcos

Marcos New Member

State:
    Texas
    Hi All! I visited Calaveras this evening. Cat bites were real good on Big Marv's cheese bait. I didn't get to fish too much cause I had my two boys with me 4 & 7 we lost alot of tackle. When I wasn't re-baiting lines I was untangling them or putting new tackle on them. Fished the bottom next to railroad crossing also visited the cove water was not running out of the outlet. Tried DK's, shrimp, dogs, and Big Marv's. Big Marv's was the hot one tonight. Kids had a blast it was all catch and release tonight in about 4 hrs. Caught 16 kitties all different sizes.

2. hillcountryfishin

hillcountryfishin New Member

State:
    tx
    Great JOB Marcos! I bet them boys were grinning from ear to ear!
    Nothing like youngsters and fishin'
    We fished for bit yesterday as well till the Northern came in..was a good day all around!

3. Marcos

Marcos New Member

State:
    Texas
    Thanks Cliff, I didn't get on the water until about 5:00 the chop wasn't bad it was a little windy but I kind of hid against the bank to block the wind it also helped with cold. I returned to the boat dock about 9:00 and there was only one other boat out and he was on the other side of the bridge opposite of me. He was fishing the top cause I could see the little lighted bobbers. I been thinking of getting some of those but at $5.00 bucks a pop and they way my kids loose tackle it could get real expensive real quick.

4. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    hey marcos try using some pencil floats w/glowsticks they work fretty good, u can also use them on regular floats like the green & white or yellow & white ones, or just the plain orange ones they all work good w/glowsticks--not too expensive either!!

5. Marcos

Marcos New Member

State:
    Texas
    Tanks, I'll try it!