Lake Calaveras Fishing June

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by hillcountryfishin, Jun 25, 2007.

1. hillcountryfishin

hillcountryfishin New Member

State:
    tx
    With all the rain we've had here this , the fishin has really turned. Yesterday was a personal best for me, putting a 140 fish in the boat . We caught quite a few throw backs to boot:wink:
    Just one of them days, truly an awesome last couple days, fishin creeks and flooded timber with Danny Kings Punchbait under a bobber.
    Always love fishin between storms or after rains..seems to always be phenomenal fishing
    Pics are below, 50,90,25
    Thanks and tight lines!
    RichardAlbert50.jpg

Ortega Group 90.jpg

Monte Smith.jpg

2. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    looks like yall had some good outings congrats--ill have to book with you soon so u can u show me calaveras some time

3. hillcountryfishin

State:
    tx
    Willcat, I now recognizethe cleaning table with those nice cats in your avatar!
    You ever see me out there stop and say hello!
    Thanks and good fishin!

4. hillcountryfishin

State:
    tx
    Here's some more June trips but I'm posting thse casue two of them are some of my personal favorites..Kiddos.

Calaveras Summer07 032.jpg

Calaveras Summer07 031.jpg

Dr.Childressmeridith.jpg
    Forgot to give an actual report ealrier..water temp was from 86-88..which I find is prime shallow water cattin at cally. Fished 2-5 ft deep using Danny King's Blood under my favorite way to fish ..slip bobbers

5. bobby-catfishing

bobby-catfishing New Member

State:
    Highland Villag
    Cliff,
    Those are some really great stringers of fish and some very happy fishermen.

6. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    yeah that's the one @ calaveras all right -had a good night that night, caught 27 fish with those 3 being the biggest--u know what worked good that night was the garlic spray on some fresh shad live & cut bait!!!that's my boy he was bored until he caught the biggest one then we couldn't get him to sit down!!!my buddy james has the lake record ther w/a 31lb blue pretttty fish!!!!later

7. hillcountryfishin

State:
    tx
    Monte, the pleasure was mine but thank you for the compliments.
    Anytime I can introduce someone to kitty chasin' it's always a fun, catching or fishing..either way!
    Did you get a chance to make it back out this weekend with some friends?

Willcat..I think I ran into you one day at Academy off 1604 at the forum.
    Ya, james's record will stand for a long time I believe, some might get close but 31 for what's not known as a good bluecat lake is hard to beat and will stand for a good while I imagine.
    Winter is when we catch most of our blues, quite a few 10's and few more than that but I'm hardheaded and love that shallow water bite and fihsing roosts.
    Hope to yall soon, I'll be out tommorow evening..hoping this rain holds out or at least quits when were trying to fish.:wink:
    Tight lines Gents

8. Redhat

Redhat New Member

State:
    Texas
    Hey great news!!! My family and I just moved to San Antonio and that lake is about 30 min from my house. Already took my boys two times and managed to catch 5 nice eatin' size channel cats!

Maybe one day I can get a trip out with Hillcountryfishin!!

9. psg2628

psg2628 New Member

State:
    Austin, Texas
    I took a friend out Friday night and caught 40 in a few hours, then went back on Saturday night and fished for 10 hours to get 50 fish. I saw your truck at the ramp when we loaded, but was too tired to hang around to thank you in person.
    We now have enough for that fish fry this weekend.:big_smile:

10. psg2628

psg2628 New Member

State:
    Austin, Texas
    By the way, I found the CJ's bait at Academy in Austin and it worked great Friday night. When I stopped at the Academy by the Forum to get some more on Saturday, they didn't have any CJ, but they did have 3 different flavors of Danny Kings.

11. hillcountryfishin

State:
    tx
    Monte, that's great and what it's all about! Having fun and catching fish. When you run across Danny's stick with the blood flavor. Those cally kitties really love it!
    Great job and enjoy your fry!

12. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    ya that blood is hard to beat, i'm goin to try the garlic to see how it works this weekend:cool2: will let u know,later gents happy fishin

13. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    ya that probably was me cliff, i shop there alot mostly during lunch so i can't stay too long or as long as i would like to i could stay there & bass pro & cabela's all day!!!! you know james mounted that fish, it took 8 months & $887 but it sure looks good though!!

14. Redhat

Redhat New Member

State:
    Texas
    Where's a good place to try from the bank on this lake?

Thanks for any advice.

15. hillcountryfishin

State:
    tx
    Redhat- there are alot of 'good' places out cally for bankfishing.
    The Shoreline along the deep water ramp is good for about everything, but gets taken rather quickly. Also the Power lines (park map will show you) is another good area but is currently closed I believe.
    Another good area is near the dam and the small beach area there, hybrids,reds and kitties. As well the surroundgin reed beds
    There are some nice holes not too far out from there.
    If your taking the kiddos bring some worms and small hooks for the perch which are abundant, while waiting on the big boys to hit.
    Good Luck and hope this helped

Wednesday Fished fast and furious before the storms came in and had a lighitng quick limit of 50 fish in 2 .5 hrs, they needed to restock their supply of kitties after feeding two different shifts for the Universal City Police Dept...I bet them boys ate some fish!
    ChuckTom50Jun27.jpg

ABove is the pic from yesterday. Danny Kings blood fished near high water bank lines was the key.

16. Redhat

Redhat New Member

State:
    Texas
    Thanks for the heads-up. Hope to take my boys next week in the evening.

17. Roy J Lorenz

Roy J Lorenz New Member

State:
    Texas
    o.k. guys been reading your post here.got so excited had to hook up to the boat and head for calaveras. ive always used shrimp or chicken liver on that lake gonna give your danny king a try. ill let you know how it turns out. bigjoe

18. Roy J Lorenz

Roy J Lorenz New Member

State:
    Texas
    well was on the lake from 1-5 had to leave early partner had a dinner date. anyway tried d.k,s blood didnt catch anything on it,caught several on chicken liver had trouble finding fish, had to go up the creek,but action was good up there, anybody no a good spot on the lake please let me know. thanks! bigjoe

19. hillcountryfishin

State:
    tx
    Well I had a pretty darn good weekend out there.
    Fihsing was a bit slow but was surrounded by great people
    Sat- Brother came in from Amarillo to fish and best friend and Iraq comapadre Eric came down from C.S. to fish with his new boat identical to mine(Alumacraft CC) but an 18ft'er and a sweet rig!
    Both our dad's fished with us and 0 wind and hot temps always makes things a bit challenging but we finished with 50 fish for our fry later @ noon and called it a day.
    Had a great time and really enojyed getting togther with family and friends.
    Below is some pics of Saturday
    Eric Boat.jpg
    Calaveras Summer07 055.jpg

Sunday was a special day as well. I got to fish with James (dad) and son Wesley. We fished a great AM bite then it shut down, ended up with a nice cooler full of 37 fish and two happy campers by noon. Had a blast watching Wesley work those cats over.
    Picture JamesWesley2.jpg

All fish on Danny Kings under a slip bobber in 5-8 ft of water
    Dog days of summer are in the near future, stay hydrated:smile2:

20. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    went out sat night