lake calavares

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by tufffish, Mar 24, 2009.

1. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    i need any info on where to try. i am thinking about entering a catfish tournament on the lake this saturday and have never been on the lake. i am going over there thursday and look around.

2. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    the storms washed out more than half of the day, but we caught over 50 fish yesterday. it was our first time on the lake, so i thought it was a good day. we decided to enter a tournament there saturday. i think we learned more under the cover during the storm than we did fishing. the guys over at the lake were really helpful. there are a lot of redfish in this lake. the only negative about this lake is the size of the catfish. it looks like a 3lb. fish is gonna be pretty big.

3. catkid

catkid New Member

State:
    Lone Oak, Texas
    Sounds like a fun day. I like to catch the little ones almost as much as the big ones.

4. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    i would definatey say it is a great lake for taking the wife and kids to fish. you will catch a lot of fish and keep everyone interested. also a great place to try new stuff at. if you do not catch fish with any bait or rigging here it probably is not worth trying anywhere else.

5. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
    Congrats Bobby on the decent finish out of that many teams, I really like Calaveras, my PB blue came from there last April. It got a good variety of fish in it, easy to navigate, lots of decent folks down there who fish regular.