Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

Lake Bruin

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  katkiller77 
#1 ·
HI to all the Catfish 1 members and thank you for allowing me to join this wonderful site.

I was wondering if any of the members here happen to fish lake Bruin near St Joseph, La? My wife and I go there about twice a month and have had some good luck with some really nice blues there. Planning on heading over there this weekend again.

I look forward to running across some other members that have fished this beautiful oxbow lake and possibly meeting some of you.

Jim

#3 ·
Welcome HC to the BOC. You can pick up lots of info here. I have fished Lake Bruin many years ago for just panfish, so I don't have any recent info. We fish the Mississippi R around Baton Rouge (when it isn't so high). Cannot wait to get back to it. According to projections, it won't get to a level I am comfortable with until late April. Fishing is usually great is April and May. June is our worst month of the year - go figure.
Anyway, good luck. Glad you get an opportunity to go often.:smile2:

#4 ·
Well,,,,,,wife and I fished Bruin all weekend with absolutely NO results. Locals were telling us that the fish had been biting really good all week but everything ceased when a front came through Friday night. But then, a weekend of fishing with even no results is still better than a weekend of work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.