Lake Bruin

Discussion in 'LOUISIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by hcsdf4, Mar 26, 2008.

1. hcsdf4

hcsdf4 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    HI to all the Catfish 1 members and thank you for allowing me to join this wonderful site.

I was wondering if any of the members here happen to fish lake Bruin near St Joseph, La? My wife and I go there about twice a month and have had some good luck with some really nice blues there. Planning on heading over there this weekend again.

I look forward to running across some other members that have fished this beautiful oxbow lake and possibly meeting some of you.

Jim

2. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Welcome to the BOC from southeat kentucky and im sure they will be someone here to help ya

3. mullyden

mullyden Member

State:
    Baton Rouge , L
    Welcome HC to the BOC. You can pick up lots of info here. I have fished Lake Bruin many years ago for just panfish, so I don't have any recent info. We fish the Mississippi R around Baton Rouge (when it isn't so high). Cannot wait to get back to it. According to projections, it won't get to a level I am comfortable with until late April. Fishing is usually great is April and May. June is our worst month of the year - go figure.
    Anyway, good luck. Glad you get an opportunity to go often.:smile2:

4. hcsdf4

hcsdf4 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    Well,,,,,,wife and I fished Bruin all weekend with absolutely NO results. Locals were telling us that the fish had been biting really good all week but everything ceased when a front came through Friday night. But then, a weekend of fishing with even no results is still better than a weekend of work.

5. mullyden

mullyden Member

State:
    Baton Rouge , L
    Jim,
    Thanks for sharing the info anyway. I hope you had a fun weekend in any case. Sounds like they really turned off. Hopefully when you come back in a couple of weeks the switch will turn the other way:smile2:

6. catsmith1

catsmith1 New Member

State:
    Haughton, Louisiana
    when I was a kid my grandmother had a camp on Bruin. we cought alot of brem that is for sure.

7. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    welcome to the boc from dayton ohio