Lake Brittle on 07/15/08

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by rebcatman, Jul 15, 2008.

1. rebcatman

rebcatman New Member

State:
    Manassas, Virginia
    Went to Brittle today and got skunked. Though, I did talk with a person who works at the lake and he said a 60 pound blue was caught last week. Someone other then the State put blues in there, of course there is not telling how many are in the there.

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sorry about the skunk, we all know it happens, but no one is welcoming it. I hope you have better luck on your next outing

3. rebcatman

rebcatman New Member

State:
    Manassas, Virginia
    Yup it happens. We are going to the Occoquan Reservoir tonight.

4. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Man, a 60lb blue. Imagine the surprise of somebody who reads up on VDGIF about brim, bass, and channel cats in the lake. Then goes fishing, and gets spooled in 5 seconds by some unseen monster. Or better yet catches the beast.

5. rebcatman

rebcatman New Member

State:
    Manassas, Virginia
    Yup, that would be something. Also, the flatheads are supposed to be pretty large in there as well. Though, I think most of the time the larger fish caught in Brittle are in fact caught by people not really targeting them.

6. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I have out a dozen or so Blue Cats in my 2 acre pond over the past 8 years or so. All were nice fish around 20 pounds or so. I feed the brim in my lake. Its a riot seeing whopper blue cats barrelling through brim pecking away at fish pellets on the surface. Lots of kids fish the pond. Now and then one will tell me something big broke him off or a big blue jumped on a brim as he was reeling it in. I never fish for them. I put them in the lake to help control the brim. I believe they are doing their job as the brim are nice size now.

7. rebcatman

rebcatman New Member

State:
    Manassas, Virginia
    That is the way to go about creating a nice bream lake. Of course, when you have twenty plus pound blues who needs bream? Well, maybe for bait.

You should fish for the blues once in a while, just as change of pace from river fishing.