Lake Bixhoma?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by Blakemo, Jul 30, 2008.

1. Blakemo

Blakemo New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Does anybody know if Lake Bixhoma has flathead catfish?

2. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv

3. catter5000

catter5000 New Member

State:
    TULSA,OK
    All the people I know that fish this lake are Bass fishermen. I have never heard of anyone catching a flattie out of there.

4. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    Mebbee someone needs to spend a few nights out there lookin for 'em! I know of more than a few small lakes/big ponds that host nice flats and channels but no one fishes for them. Those that fish there are chasing the green-lipped linesided carp!:smile2:

5. catter5000

catter5000 New Member

State:
    TULSA,OK
    I know what you mean Albert,I have caught a 22 lb flathead,a 15 lb blue,and a 12 lb channel out of small ponds. I just never meet anyone who fished Bixhoma for cats...Maybe I should give it a try in a couple of months,as soon as the heat lets up. Allen

6. Cherokee Rod Man

Cherokee Rod Man New Member

State:
    Eufaula La
    I grew up there, we routinely released blues & channels from out of the Ark. river, I've heard stories of Flats taken out of it, try using line perch as thats the forage base , my parents live there in Leonard, that lake's where my kids learned to fish; I'd order a 500ct. carton of waxworms & they would catch big redears /bluegills like crazy { hey it's fun on light tackle} plus a 5 gallon bucket full makes alot of fillets!

7. Artic-z

Artic-z New Member

State:
    Bixby, OK
  8. Artic-z

Artic-z New Member

State:
    Bixby, OK
    Iv fished there several times being that i live about 4 miles away and my in-laws live up there. never got anything besides perch, fasst67 and i tried a couple days ago to fish for cats off one of the docks. we got there at 7 and stayed till 1 with out so much as a bite.

not to say there not out there but iv talked with a couple guys who came into my work that iv seen out there quite offton and they always tell me it takes alot of time and experiance to find out where the fish are on this lake.

ps. i dont know why it posted hey blake i thought i erased it...=\

9. Blakemo

Blakemo New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Wow I live like 10 miles from Lake Bixhoma so we must be pretty close! I live in white hawk(the golf course) if you no where that is.

10. Artic-z

Artic-z New Member

State:
    Bixby, OK
    yeah, used to have some buddys in school who lived there...we'd always golf of course...wasnt big into fishin when i was in HS.

now am i though lol. iv always wanted to fish the hole infront of the club shack on the 18th hole...i think i could park at night at adrenaline body worx and walk it to there.

11. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    well, you guys are way ahead of me... inever heard of bixhoma:smile2:

12. Artic-z

Artic-z New Member

State:
    Bixby, OK

its like a whole in the wall restraunt...may be good...may be bad...you'd never known.

rumour has it you probably wont catch something but if ya do....its ganna be big.

13. fasst67

fasst67 New Member

State:
    Tulsa, OK
    I caught some fish there the other day and they definitely werent big.

14. Artic-z

Artic-z New Member

State:
    Bixby, OK
    your tropical perch dont count. anything other then perch are big.