Lake Bastrop

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by dominoman, Jan 14, 2009.

1. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
    In the past week, been able to get out to Lake Bastrop for some important duties, chasing shad and catching cats. Monday 1-12-09 was the best day I've had in quite some time. 11 channels, little over 28# total. The ice chest was near running over. On Jan 8, the bite was not as many, but still good quality fish. If the weather cooperates, may be back out on Friday.

Attached Files:

2. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    Way to go dominoman. I see you are putting the retirement to good use. LOL

3. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    Good fishing, got the email, they look great for the fryer!!!

4. SouthernCatdaddy

SouthernCatdaddy New Member

State:
    Texas
    It's been cold and windy the last few weekends,but everyone I've talked to says there catching lots of fish. So I guesss I need to get out there.

5. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
    Got back to Bastrop on Saturday, bite was kinda slow, then the winds came up. Did manage 3 channels in deep water. The 2nd one, pending submission to TPWD, will break the lake record. It went 4.32 lbs, 22" long. The old record has been in place since February 2005.:roll_eyes:

Attached Files:

6. LONE STAR

LONE STAR New Member

State:
    Raleigh, NC
    Way to go Lonnie and congrats again on the retirement. I'm gonna try and make my way back to Texas mid Feb I'll try and look you up while I'm there. Will only be in town for a week or so. Congrats again and thanks for sharing your pictures. Lone Star Joe

7. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
    Got the paperwork in the mail today from TPWD, certifying a new lake record channel catfish.

8. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    congrats on the new record...

9. colten

colten Member

State:
    Texas
    Looks like some good eating.

10. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    Congratulations on the new lake record Lonnie. Reps to ya for it.

11. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
    Well made it back to the lake Sunday and Monday again. Managed to load the cast net with a ton of shad in one throw on Monday. Sunday was a fair day with 6 channels ranging from 16-20". Monday was a little nasty at first with some drizzle and fog. Within about 20 minutes of being set up for the first drift, rod started dancing. When I set back on it, managed to haul this one to the boat. I'll be headed back over to TPWD Headquarters this morning to submit paperwork to certify a 6.56 pound, 25 3/4" long channel cat to reset my old lake record.

Attached Files:

12. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    Lonnie, you will have that channel cat record at 15 or 20 pounds in a month or two at that rate. Keep up the good work. Congrats on beating your old lake record.

13. centexcop

centexcop New Member

State:
    Texas
    Nice fish. Congrats

14. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    is there a limit to how many times one guy can break the record? just kidding, keep up the good fishing. when you retire you are supposed to catch a lot of nice fish.

15. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    Good fishing Lonnie, must be nice to be that close to headquarters!!!!

16. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
    Well Tuffish, I'm going back at them in the morning, I got the papers in the mail today from TPWD.

Attached Files:

17. Gort

Gort New Member

State:
    Texas
    Keep on fishing... once you set it, it becomes the new target to beat.
    There are bigger ones in there.

18. LONE STAR

LONE STAR New Member

State:
    Raleigh, NC
    Lonnie once again great job on your NEW Record and congratulations. Too bad they couldn't print you up one of those fancy warrants with a picture of a catfish.LOL. Keep up the good work and maybe when I do make it down you can show me how it's done.

19. LONE STAR

LONE STAR New Member

State:
    Raleigh, NC
    Oh yea I forgot sending much reps to ya buddy. Any body that can do that is such a short period deserves it. Happy fishing and record breaking to ya.:cool2:

20. LONE STAR

LONE STAR New Member

State:
    Raleigh, NC
    Welcome to the BOC Gordon! If you haven't aready found out your gonna learn much knowledge from these fellas. Tight lines and singing reels to ya.

"Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishments"