Lake Bartlett

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Blue709995, Dec 16, 2007.

1. Blue709995

Blue709995 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Went to bartlet last night for my birthday to fish for a few hours with my girlfriend. Only got three blue gills. Caught this 11lb12oz flat on a six inch gill. Had two runs on the others but didn't get a hook up. Was fishing the bartlet flats. Left by 7:00pm.
    Thinking about fishing there all night on Friday.

Drove down to horseshoe dam. They were letting a load of water out of there. I guess 800cfs Never seen it like that. Deff wouldn't put the yak in that water!

Talked to a sheriff at bartlet. He told me they were letting like 1200 cfs out earlier to make room because they thought we would get another big storm next week.

Attached Files:

2. Da Chummer

Da Chummer New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Good job dude!!!! You been rippin em out alot. :cool2:

3. Kubush

Kubush New Member

State:
    Phoenix, AZ
    Nice catch!! I am new to flathead fishing and had no idea they can be caught this time of year, let alone right off the flats!!

4. Blue709995

Blue709995 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I am really new to flat head fishing to... well at least new to catching. I think I had been on three trips to Rosy and four trips to Bartlet with a big goose egg when it came to flat head. Then all the sudden I started pulling some out of pleasant while trying to catch a big striper with big live bait. In the winter from water between 60ft and 15ft. Only thing I can figure is if you’re using fresh or live bait in an area with a lot of bait in the water you have a good chance. Every time I set up camp and can't catch bait with a throw net or by rod and real and don't see any I catch nothing but maybe a small channel.

It will be nicer when I get a boat and can move lol

5. DoubleJ007

DoubleJ007 New Member

:big_smile: I was going to put my poles up for the year. I am now inspired to try agian.

I might have to start a boat charity fund. It sounds like no one fishes from the banks out here.

Thanks Again!