Lake Bartlett Wednesday Night

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by micah, Jul 26, 2007.

1. micah

micah New Member

State:
    Gilbert, Arizon
    Finally, a good trip to Bartlett. Went out to Bartlett hoping for some runoff from the rain. There was quite a bit due to the debris and by the looks of the washes. We caught at least 40 big Gills and when the sun came up this morning we had 1 Gill lleft (fishing with 4 poles.) I had one over 30# right up to the boat after a pretty long fight. My buddy had him twice but he shook free. I got a nice look at him so my only regret was no picture. We caught at least 25 Flats . 7 were in the 13# to 16 # range and the rest were between 5# and 12# range. Lost 2 that we never saw but were by far bigger than the rest. We generally fall asleep at some time during the night but not last night. I've never had so many runs in on night. It was awesome. The weather was perfect. I ran out of tiedowns at about 11 oclock so I started throwing everthing back. I was hoping to get a picture of all of them but it just wasn't possible. I haven't had any fish lately so I kept 3 small ones and released everthing else.

Micah

Attached Files:

2. Da Chummer

Da Chummer New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Kick Arse dude!!! Good Job!!!! The weather definitely is here for them. That is one awesome Bartlett trip. I need a trip like that.

3. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    You are the man! I was waiting for your results.. I figured you would get struck by lightning, but this is much better!! Nice job!!!!

* I had a night like that once.. Long long long long time ago..

* I will be there this weekend..

AWSOME!!:crazy::crazy::crazy:

4. SilencedMajority

SilencedMajority New Member

State:
    White Mtns, AZ
    Wow thats gotta be some of the best flathead fishing that I have heard about in a while! Great job! I'm glad you left some for the rest of us as well.

5. micah

micah New Member

State:
    Gilbert, Arizon
    Antonio, did you post about your crankin for Flats. I would be interested in hearing about that. I've been wanting to fish for Flats from the kayak. I would love to hook into a big Flat in the 12.5 footer.
    Micah

6. Ecfool

Ecfool New Member

State:
    California
    Nice mess a fish there. Makes me hungry looking at em since I havn't had a chance to even gt out fishing yet this summer but hope to soon if warden lets me outta house.

7. shadesaz

shadesaz New Member

State:
    arizona
    WOW what a great stringer of Flats. Glad you had a good trip.Looks like you had a blast!!!