Lake Bartlett this spring?

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Cactus Cat, Jan 27, 2008.

1. Cactus Cat

Cactus Cat New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I live close to Bartlett and I was wondering with all this rain when to do you expect to be bale to hit flatties in Bartlett this spring? My other question is does anybody here fish from shore as I will be using my truck any suggestions on whee to drive to etc on Bartlett are appreciated. Thanks for your help - JJ

2. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Why wait?? Bartlet should be good now, and just get better and better as the year progresses... Fish deep water right now and go to shallow water this spring.

I think I am going to try next weekend.. It will be quite since everyone will be home watching football.

~A

3. Da Chummer

Da Chummer New Member

State:
    Arizona
    So, Andy.......... Are you saying "It's Time" again?
    The last time you said that it worked out great for me. I about got ripped out of the boat. I'm just waiting for your "It's Time" post again. :cool2:

4. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Go get 'em bro!

* I won't know if I can go untill I am actualy driving to the lake..

* I need to do a new year tune up on my motor before I hit the water, but that is easy...

~ We will see.
    ~A

5. az cat hunter

az cat hunter New Member

State:
    AZ
    Well,Im going to take my ole bronco out to bartlett this weekend to do some exploring up river!Time to do some fishin and see how far the bronco will take me!I'll post some pics and fishing reports when I get back.Anyone else going out there this weekend,if so let me know!!

6. Da Chummer

Da Chummer New Member

State:
    Arizona
    You might be a bit disapointed trying go up river at bartlett in your bronco. FR42 is still closed and the water is so high that bartlett road stops at the flats. Yellow Cliffs/ Flats is about as far back on Bartlett as a truck can go for now. You can still hit the river from quite a few places going out the horshoe road. HTH

7. az cat hunter

az cat hunter New Member

State:
    AZ
    I figured it was way up,but not sure how far I'll get.The road to indian springs is also still closed from what I heard.Maybe I'll go in off the 87 and see what thats like!!I just need to get out and do some pre-fishin and play in the bronco!!

8. Blue709995

Blue709995 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Ya I talked to a ranger at Bartlett a few weeks ago and he says they most likely will never reopen that Indian Springs road. Said after the fire and then the flood it really washed out that area. Said you can barely get a four wheel quad back there and would not be able to get a 4x4 truck back there. The road to horseshoe had a few soft spots where water was running over the road where you would need a 4x4 or have to go really fast with a 2x lol. Water current was very strong when I was checking it out a few weeks ago. They were letting 800cfs out. Looked like a good spot to go river kayaking lol. I’ll be there when it gets a little warmer with my kayak.

9. az cat hunter

az cat hunter New Member

State:
    AZ
    Fishin was tough,caught 3 small bass and 1 small channel cat.Lake looks good,but with the wind and cold,it was tough!!We went in the flats and then behind the dam.Saw one old guy with a 7lb channel(nice fish),but thats all he had in 5 hours!!Anyway,cant wait till it warms up a bit!!!

10. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    let us know how it goes out there. down here i am waiting until the water warms up a little and then its on.