Lake Bartlett sunday night

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by micah, Jun 3, 2007.

1. micah

micah New Member

State:
    Gilbert, Arizon
    I'm going to head out to bartlett tomorrow. I'll be in the 14 ft green weenie. If anyone from the boc is out there please say hello. I'll let everyone know how i do when I get back. Wish me luck. Has anyone been out there lately and had any luck??????

Micah

2. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    I wish I could go. GOOD LUCK!

3. micah

micah New Member

State:
    Gilbert, Arizon
    Looks like I'm going tomorrow insted. I'll post Teusday to let everyone know how I do. My nephew asked me to wait until tomorrow so he could go with me. I can't wait for him to hook into a hog. These were his first big fish.

Attached Files:

4. GETHOOKED

GETHOOKED New Member

State:
    Arizona, Scott
    nice job waiting on the boy, cant wait until my boys want to go with me.:smile2:

5. azcatman

azcatman New Member

State:
    Arizona
    You did the right thing waiting on him. I have a German exchange student living with me and he has experienced hunting and fishing while here and I know he will never forget it. We are headed out again this coming weekend and I hope we do good. I would love to have him hook into a big flat. It will be something he never forgets.

6. GETHOOKED

GETHOOKED New Member

State:
    Arizona, Scott
    azcatman, are you heading up to Roosie? by boat or on foot?

7. azcatman

azcatman New Member

State:
    Arizona
    More than likely headed to San Carlos. Whether we flathead fish or crappie fish depends on how much bait we can catch. My exchange student leaves in about 2 weeks so we are really gonna try hard to get him a cat before he has to go home.

8. GETHOOKED

GETHOOKED New Member

State:
    Arizona, Scott
    best of luck, hope u can pass on the great tradition

9. azcatman

azcatman New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Thanks he is already "hooked" he is making plans to come back and hunt and fish with us as much as he can. He will always be welcome in our home. And I will do my best to make sure he has a good time.

10. micah

micah New Member

State:
    Gilbert, Arizon
    Well, the good news is the water level has caome up at least 3 feet since the last time I was there and that was about 10 days ago. For anyone who saw the water level from my Bartlett lake water levels post a few weeks ago. The water is at the base of one side of ship rock. I don't know why but i had the hardest time catching bluegill on this trip. The last time I went I had at least 15 big gills for bait and i caught about 4 this time. I ddecided that even though i haven't had any luck up river this year I decided to try it because of the water coming in. I caught a few 6 to 9 lbers and a couple of channels. I thinks in the next few weeks it's going to come on especially up in the river. But then again what do i know. I slaughtered the bass though. I probably caught 10 bass on the first 20 casts of the day. They were biting all day. Damn it was hot.
    Micah

11. GETHOOKED

GETHOOKED New Member

State:
    Arizona, Scott
    great to hear that they were biting for ya, sorry about hte bait, nothing is more frustratin!!

12. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Awesome report~ I can't wait to go. I saw spider webs on the boat's trailer tires yesterday. That is not good. Them little flats are fun when they are biting. Check out this old photo from 2004 @ Bartlet. My bud and I caught all those cats in the matter of 2.5 hours. Just one after the other..
    When the temps are hot, the flats just go nuts.

All those cats were released.

13. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    umm, here is the pic..

Attached Files:

14. GETHOOKED

GETHOOKED New Member

State:
    Arizona, Scott
    What a great pic. THat must have been the best fishing trip-as far as fun goes-in a while. That is a lot of flats to catch in one trip. Talk about needing to get out to bartlett!!! Is the boat launches accessable yet? OR is the ground hard enough to launch a 18' boat from shore. I have heard horror stories about getting stuck, or rescue attempts after fishing.

15. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Even if the ramps are still out of water, you should be okay to launch from the dirt to the left of the ramp..
    * Don't be a dummy like me and try to drive over the loose sand. I got stuck there earlier in the year when I was out by myself.

Good luck~

16. micah

micah New Member

State:
    Gilbert, Arizon
    The main boat ramp is open and I would say about 30 ft of it is in the water. There should be plenty of room to launch. I've never had a problem with launching in the dirt as long as it's not to slopy. I've never had to engage my 4wd but my boats only 14 ft also.