Lake Bartlett stopping water releases

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Tym2Fish, Mar 5, 2007.

1. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    Well it looks as if SRP has finally reduced the water releases from the lake. I might add its about time!!! The lake level was at 39% on Friday and has increased to 40% as of Monday morning. With Horseshoe down to essentially 0% capicity, the lake will now be totaly dependant on run off from the winter storms. There hasnt been alot of those either so it appears as if the lake will be reduced to minute size this summer. Disheartning to say the least.
    I feel like calling SRP to complain but really dont want to bother listening to " well we need to release water to supply electricity to our valued customers" speech.
    Maybe one of my fellow Arizona BOC members can shed a different perspective on this as this situation is becomming a very bitter pill for me to swallow.

2. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    It keeps most of the polluting jet boats and crazy @sses off the lake..

I kinda like it when it is quite and calm.

3. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    That wont stop the weekend warriors from taking the jet boats out. It will just make it more dangerous for the rest of us.

4. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    C'mon, think positive..

There are less places the elusive lake record could be hiding..
    :big_smile:

5. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    I know and I am excited about this summer even if the lake is low. It will just suck if I cant get the toon out. I have a smaller john boat but the older I get the harder it is to sit in that thing all night.

6. fishinpolak

fishinpolak New Member

State:
    Phoenix, Arizona
    i hope it goes up soon want to take the boat out and catch some fish :)