Lake Bartlett Spots

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by HugeEuge57, Apr 24, 2008.

1. HugeEuge57

HugeEuge57 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I'm renting a pontoon when some friends come into town next week on Bartlett, and want to try and get on some fish. Anybody have any suggestions as where to go? I'm going a week from Monday, and I won't give anybody's spots away, as it's probably the only time this year I'll be on a boat out there.

Thanks in advance.

2. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    I don't know if we want any New Yorkers on our lake... Just kidding.. :smile2:

What kind of fish do you want to catch? The lake has a good lg mouth bass bite as well as crappie. Or if you want cats, are you going to target channels or flatheads? Are you going to stay over night?

The flathead bite can be pretty darn good all over that lake.. Plus since the water has been up, you can go pretty far up river...
    ~A

3. HugeEuge57

HugeEuge57 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Either flatheads or channels......I know where to look for bass in there.

For some reason, it came up as NY, when I live in Scottsdale...weird.

4. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    lol..
    If you know how to catch flatheads and channels, you can be successful all over this lake.. My favorite area is across the lake from the marina.. The fishing is good near the marina and they have a grill going on the weekend. They make an awesome greasy cheeseburger... :dribble:
    * The lake is tough, (for me) for cat fishing because the water level is soo high...

~A

5. HugeEuge57

HugeEuge57 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Thank you sir....I was going to start off for bass, and maybe after a while set up shop somewhere and head after cats and some carp. The only time these guys really fish is when the go with me, so catching anything will keep them busy.

6. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Hey good luck on your fishing trip hope you catch a bunch, if i was you while you was down there, I would use some cut baits while your on the lake fishing, and chicken livers, and night crawlers, keep us posted and let us know how you do once again good luck.

7. HugeEuge57

HugeEuge57 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I was gonna bring my aerator system for my extra cooler, and catch some bluegills while they fished for bass. Then set up one rig with a gill, and the others with worms and dough.

I've caught a few carp on dough, as well as channels, so I figure we'll have some luck.

8. micah

micah New Member

State:
    Gilbert, Arizon
    If you want to catch bass I've been having really good luck with cotton candy or watermellon seed 7" lizzards carolina rigged. I'm sure it would work texas rigged but I like carolina. As far as the Flattys go the water is so high your guess might be as good as anyone's. Except mine of course.

Go SUNS tonight

9. Zonaman

Zonaman New Member

State:
    Florida
    Fished right over Ship Rock Friday night till about midnight. Water Temp about 62 degrees no bites. Bluegills are getting easier to catch- that's a good sign.

10. topjimmy

topjimmy New Member

State:
    AZ
    Our versatility in need for camping spots accomodating either large or small numbers of boats or trucks fishing from shore or the lake lands us all over Bartlett.

We catch flats everywhere.

Pick a spot in a transition area (from deep to shallow) and you should be able to get fish.