Lake Bartlett Saturday Night

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by topjimmy, Nov 12, 2007.

1. topjimmy

topjimmy New Member

State:
    AZ
    On Saturday afternoon, I caught 2 carp, which were around 1 pound each.

On Saturday night, I caught a 17.1 pound flathead using a carp head as bait.

It wasn't the 50-pounder I am after, but still a decent fish. Hauling in a 17-pounder beats the hell out of catching micro cats, or staring at motionless water and eating Ding Dongs. Not to diminish the value of Ding Dongs... but like I always say, life is all about priorities.

The weather was nice for camping, although a little chilly in the evening. Sitting by the fire is a nice pastime, though, so it was all good.

Attached Files:

2. Da Chummer

Da Chummer New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Nice Flathead. That is one of the bigger ones i have seen out of Bartlett this year. Haven't seen you around in awhile. Glad you are still fishing. Howz Das Boot? Try the Little Debbie Brownies with the chocolate chips on the top. MMMMMMMMMMM

3. DryHeat

DryHeat New Member

State:
    arizona
    Thats a great looking fish no matter what you where going for. I spent Friday night out there and ended up with a few......the best being a 8-10lb channel on a blue gill head in the flats campground area. A 6lb carp put up one heck of a fight; but, was too late in the trip to cut as bait. Which area of the lake did you pull that fish out of ??

:0a23:

4. GETHOOKED

GETHOOKED New Member

State:
    Arizona, Scott
    nice looking fish, glad that you made it out.:wink:

5. topjimmy

topjimmy New Member

State:
    AZ
    I actually caught it from shore in SB Cove. I didn't think I would catch any fish, I thought the bite would be off, and it's too cold for the kids to play in the water, so I left the boat at home.

I was really just going to camp with my buddies. They refuse to camp anywhere but the lake, even when the bite is off. :big_smile:

6. stinky fingers

stinky fingers New Member

State:
    Buckeye,Arizona
    Congrats on a nice flat.

7. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Sweet~ That is a nice fish! Good job man!
    Carp heads are killer baits for this time of year. Maybe Berkley should come up with a GULP Carp head! That would be awesome.
    ~A

8. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    James... Thanks for the post .... Need to get one that size myself....

bayrunner ray

9. DoubleJ007

DoubleJ007 New Member

I was at Bartlett Saturday Night Fishing way down from the spillway at the camp grounds (first time) and did not even get a bite. I am glad to hear some one caught something that night. I ll still blame my miss on my new fishin buddy. Sorry Sucka.LOL

10. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Man you guys have some of those beautiful appaloosas in AZ. Nice fish man. Looks like you guys get some jumbos out there! Thanks for the picture