Lake Bartlett Monday Night

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by micah, May 4, 2007.

1. micah

micah New Member

State:
    Gilbert, Arizon
    I went to Bartlett on Monday. I caught a bunch of nice gills and about a 14 inch carp. I am now convinced that no matter what the size of bait, if there's a hungry flat or even channel the'll eat it. I caught a 3-4 lb channel on a huge gill. I had something pick my huge carp up at about midnight. I had decided that if anything picked it up it might need some time to inhale him. I gave it about 50 feet to run and had no luck on the hook set. I caught 1 flat that was about seven lbs on a gill and I caught another cat that looked like a cross between a flat and a channel. It was about 6 lbs and it looked like it had 2 golf balls under the skin on it's head. I gues it was a blue cat. I've never caught one before. I ran into an old-timer out there I believe was telling me the truth and definantely spends a lot of time at Bartlett. I ended up hanging out with the guy and fishing near him up river. I learned a lot and truly believe there's much bigger Flats in Bartlett that most think.

2. SilencedMajority

SilencedMajority New Member

State:
    White Mtns, AZ
    Great job man, I've never had any luck at Bartlett, I can't ever get the right bait.

That cat may have been a spawning channel. Cats will begin spawning soon, some sooner and some later. Their heads swell up like you described when they are in the spawn.

3. micah

micah New Member

State:
    Gilbert, Arizon
    I have real good luck at bartlett. I pull up on shore wheres there's rocks and walk the beach. I pick up a lot of gills. And I can always catch carp in sb cove usually for cut bait. That cat wasn't a flat or a channel. I've looke at pics online and it was a blue.

4. bartlettcat

bartlettcat New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Dis you get your carp back

5. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I keep saying that I will make it up there one day...

....I will make it up there one day.....:lol: !