Lake Bartlett from Shore

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Cactus Cat, Apr 25, 2007.

1. Cactus Cat

Cactus Cat New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I have all the flathead gear for the upper salt but live colse to Bartlett and I am planning on giving it a go from shore and have no idea on where to start on Bartlett - not looking for your honey hole just some general ideas as far as how to approach the trip and where to drive in etc. and any suggestions on tips and tactics!

Thanks for your help it is appreciated! Cactus Cat

2. SilencedMajority

SilencedMajority New Member

State:
    White Mtns, AZ
    Upper salt is great fishing, but I like giving Bartlett a shot every now and then. Only place I really know from shore that is worth fishing is the bank all north of SB cove and around it, nearest the no wake buoys you can get with your rig. 4x4 is best, but I can get almost to the buoys with a 4x2 extended cab pickup. You head down Bartlett dam rd, pay the fee at the pay station and lookout, then you take a left up North Lake Loop (I also think its called fr 459?) You take that road all the way down until you hit the last area where you can take a left at a sign that says something like "Yellow Cliff Boat Ramp Area". You follow that road, that will turn to into a dirt road and stay left at the next fork. then, when you hit the "beach" you hang a left and follow the path as far as you would like to. I usually get as far up as I can, then park and fish the bank. Finding a bank spot is a bit more difficult with the water level being so low now, but there is still alot of bank to fish.

3. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    SilencedMajority is correct SB cove is a pretty good area (especially if you can get near the rocky shoreline) but it can get crowded. There are several areas (coves) between Bartlett Flats and the no wake bouyies which you can get into and are just big enough to accommodate a couple of vehicles. For flatheads, I have had more luck in the areas from the flats up to the no wake bouyes. SB cove has been good to me with catching channels but has not yeilded many flats. Good luck!!!

4. Cactus Cat

Cactus Cat New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Good job I appreciate the help if anyone wants to meet up there for a midweek shore fishing expedition I am all about it just shoot me a pm or reply
    Cactus Cat