Lake Bartlett 2/17

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Tym2Fish, Feb 20, 2007.

1. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    I tried Bartlett for three days shore bound. Water sure is low down to 41% capacity. Launching is rough. I ended up doing my good deed for the weekend by pulling out 9 vehicles that were struck in the soft mud. Picked up several smaller channels and one of the largest sun fish I have ever seen. Should have taken a pic but didnt think about it untill after I released it. If you go there I wouldnt try launching unless you have a 4 wheel drive. I may give it another shot this weekend but I will be limited to the shore as I wont take the boat untill the water rises a little or the shore dries out some.

2. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    I forgot to add the pics of a couple of the stuck vehicles. We were not able to free the motorcoach as the GVW dry is 17k. To further complicate matters he sunk the rear end all the way to the axel. The owner had to call a tow service to remove it from the mud. A little $$$$ for a weekend outing.

Attached Files:

3. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    That was nice of you Mike.
    Are they working on the ramps? Is'nt that why the lake is soo low?
    A~

4. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    I had an extensive conversation with the Park Rangers up there and they were not sure why SRP dropped the water level so low. They did say that the ramps were being worked on. I think they are just taking advantage of the low water to work on them. If I go up again this weekend I will mosey down to both ramps and take a look. I know in the past years SRP has dropped the water level mid winter but I havent seen the lake this low in a very long time. The summer will be a nightmare on the lake with alot of boats and a dramitically reduced lake size.UGGGGGGGG

5. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    That sucks~ I want to go to Bartlett but my rig is very heavy, I need a cement launch ramp. I think I will be trecking down to Roosie this summer a lot more.

Thanks for all the info~
    A

6. ftnahaf

ftnahaf New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Really hope the rains we have had moves the lake up a bit . I`ve fished bart and just done well with the smaller cats and flats last year . Hope things go good for you .
    Ray