Lake Bartlett 03/24

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Tym2Fish, Mar 26, 2007.

1. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    Anyone go this weekend?
    Went Fri to Sun, fished from shore. The water level is rising quite nicely. Shouldnt be too much longer and the boat ramps will reopen.
    Picked up 3 eater channels and a 4 1/2 lb bass as well as a assortment of carp and gills.
    Had one run which broke a friends pole and snapped 20lb test.
    The fish were much more active then they have been the last few weeks. Especially the carp. Looks as if the lake is close to turning.
    Preferred bait was crawlers and chicken livers. Picked up quite a few "microcats" by using minnows under a bobber.

2. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Nice Job Mike.
    Thanks for the update.. I am definently considering going out this coming weekend.
    Glad the water is coming up... I can't wait for the lake to become familiar again!

Regarding the carp fishing, Now that is a blast. Last trip to Bartlett, I hooked into one carp that I could not turn with 12 lb test. While I was trying to get the boat off the shore line to follow it, it cut me off on some rocks.

Cool~~
    ~A

3. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    The weekend of the 31st is a go for me as well. It will be the last trip untill the end of April.

4. dcatfishwhisperer

dcatfishwhisperer New Member

State:
    AZ
    Went up to bartlette last weekend and hit the hell out of the carp,they were naiing the shrimp

5. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Hi Doug,
    Glad you joined up. Welcome to the BOC!