Lake Barnett

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by catfishcraz, Jun 27, 2008.

1. catfishcraz

catfishcraz New Member

State:
    arkansas
    DOES ANYONE KNOW MUCH ABOUT FISHING LAKE BARNETT, BELOW THE DAM? HOW IS THE WATER LEVEL? AND WHAT BAIT WORKS BEST? I DO KNOW IT VARIES DUE TO WHATEVER THE CATS ARE IN THE MOOD FOR BUT I AM JUST DYING TO HAVE SOME CATS IN MY FREEZER AND ON MY PLATE. THANKS FOR ANY HELP OR ADVICE.

2. ccat

ccat Well-Known Member

State:
    Fayetteville Ar
    Are you talking about lake barnett north of Searcy?
    I only fished it once back in the mid 80's. I do remember it being really full of trees/stumps. I only bream fished it, but did catch a lot. Now that was 20 years ago, but I am sure a lot of it hasn't changed. Isn't that lake basically the Des Arc creek dammed up? I am sure with all the cover and the creek channel that flows through it, you can catch a lot of catfish. I remember someone saying that lake is several miles long. I don't remember it being very wide. You may know it better than I am describing though.
    good luck. Let us know if you catch any cats.
    ccat

3. countyline

countyline New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    We fished Barnett a couple of weeks ago. Mostly for bream but managed to catch a couple of cats on minnows under a float next to the damn in the grass on the left side, if your looking @ the damn. You sure have to be careful with all the stumps. You can't see them untill you are right on top of them. GO SLOW. The lake looks like it should be slam full of cats. Hope this helps. Good Luck!!,,

4. catfishcraz

catfishcraz New Member

State:
    arkansas
    thanks to both of you and i have not gone yet. been too hot lately. i plan to go either next week or so. waiting for tempatures to cool. tahnks again.