Lake Barkley

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by usat212, Mar 30, 2008.

1. usat212

usat212 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Me and my wife will be comming down next weekend and staying at Energy campground and we were wondering if the water is up to much to but a boat in at the boat ramp on the Barkley side of Energy lake? Could anyone also tell us how muddy the water is? I know its a week away and alot can change by then but it would give us a idea what to expect. Thanks

2. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    Well the ramp was being used last week but you kinda had to know where it was :smile2: I'll be over there wed. and will post here the conditions probably thursday . If you keep and eye on the TNR thread in this section, we fish that area every week.

3. usat212

usat212 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Thanks for the reply Grizz, i knew you would know. I read your TNT threads every week and enjoy them every much. We havent used the ramp there very much, so I 'm not sure if I could find it under the water:confused2:

4. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    welcome to the BOC and good luck on your fishing trip

5. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    As of Thursday morning the boat ramp was still usable. Heavy rains started last night and are forcasted to continue all day today so this might affect the water levels.

6. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    As we were leaving energy lake this morning the water was over the road slightly and the rain was still pouring down with more on the way. It could continue to rise through the week. We'll try to keep you posted.:eek:oooh:

7. usat212

usat212 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Thanks guys for keeping us updated. I would expect that all this rain will have the water up and muddy by the weekend. Might have to postpone our trip:angry: Been waiting all year for this( darn rain) Anybody down that way have any idea how much rain has fallen in that area?

8. glenmorebuckman

glenmorebuckman New Member

State:
    Caneyville, Ken
    Don't know about the LBL region but 6.5 inches here in Grayson county and still coming down!

9. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    We've had over 7 inches here through Thursday and it has rained all night last night and today. The ground is totally saturated so all rain is running off into creeks and lakes as soon as it falls.