Lake Barkley info

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by wowsafari, Apr 17, 2007.

1. wowsafari

wowsafari New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I'm thinking about making my way down to Lake Barkley next month. Is there any pre-spawn activity going on yet or is it still early. I'm trying to plan my trip when the pre-spawn feeding is hot and heavy. Anyone have any thoughts or advice ( hot spots, bait, dates, etc.) Thanks in advance guys, keep up the good work.

2. JKinsey

JKinsey New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    They're going to be keeping Barkley low this year because of the situation at Wolf Creek Dam. What effect this will have on the fishing is yet to be determined - but one thing's for sure: make sure to stay between the red and the green while you're moving, and keep a close eye on the depth finder!

3. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    Just crossed Lake Barkley a few minutes ago, they are bringing it up, it's up right at summer pool. Now if they just leave it there we'll be ok.

4. dankitch

dankitch New Member

State:
    Henderson,
    Wish you would have waved...Wolfman and I were there today catching some skipjacks.

5. catman from owensboro

catman from owensboro New Member

State:
    ky
    dan were they hitting good. how many did they get..

6. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    I was there last weekend with my girlfriend and a another guy. We caught 20 fish total in about 3 hours time of actual fishing. We hit 3 different spots between Barkley and Kentucky lakes. All the fish were between about 1.5-5 lbs. and were a blast to catch. My girlfriend has never caught anything bigger than about a 2lbs. bass so when she hooked into the biggest cat we caught on our trip (about a 5lbs. channel)and it started peeling line from her reel it was real fun watching her fight that thing to get it in the boat. We had a blast and she had a great time.