Lake Badin tuesday 5/22

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Shark, May 22, 2007.

1. Shark

Shark Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Well we fished Badin today and finally done pretty well. Caught bait in three throws this morning and went fishing? We ended up catching 10 blues and about 25 channels no big ones the biggest was about 6lbs. I had one on that felt pretty good but lost him. Ended up loosing about 10 fish . It seemed every hole we stoped at we caught a few. Some were better than others of coures but didn't get shut out at any place. No big ones but I had a blast. The most I've caught in a while. Thanks Robert and Rookie for all the advice it diffently helped. I seen Robert fishing this morning I was wondering how he did? Haven't seen any posts from him .

2. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    sounds like the fish where biting. 10 blues at badin is a good day anytime. tomahawk got 4-5 flats. was you drifting?

3. Shark

Shark Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I was doing both but most all came from anchoring a few drifting but not many haven't got that figured out yet. How big were roberts flats? Thats what I'm trying to catch.

4. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    Those flats I got yesterday were smaller ones 4-12lbs. Lost one over 20lbs. Also got one 12lb blue and a striper. Both the blue and striper hit live herring. One of these days Iam going to hook that gaint flat Iam looking for. When I do hook him it's going to be on! There's something about flathead fishing I really enjoy. I guess because, thier the biggest badest, meanest freshwater fish out there. When you do hook a gaint, you know your in for one heck of a fight.

5. Live Baiter

Live Baiter New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Hey robert, Where did you get herring at?

6. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    I got some herring at the dam last weekend mixed in with the threadfins. Shark, glad to know you got on some fish. I may be out this weekend. I assume those blues you got were smaller. I've been getting some smaller blues too. Never had that last year.