Lake Badin Report

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Tomahawk, Nov 28, 2007.

1. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    The big fish were bitting this morning on BAdin. I only caught 4 fish but they were pretty nice. I set up with 5 bottom rigs and two downlines off the bottom. Not long after setting up the downlines start clicking out. The first fish was 20lb flathead. The second was a whitecat. After rebaiting. I put them back out and a gaint blue hit. Right when i set the hook I knew I had a big one. he hit the smallest rod I had in the boat. A striper rod with 17lb line. I thought I hooked a 40lb flathead. he didn't fight like a blue. It was straight up and straight down. It took 35 min to get him in the boat. He came up to the surface and I didn't see him but he left a swirl 4' across. I finally seen him and had to break out the net. That blue weighted out at 63lbs. Man what a fish. Right after that I hooked another 20lb flat. If Catfishrus is around he might be able to post pictures. I wanted to get good pictures of me holding it up but I was the only person on the lake this morning when I caught the fish. I couldn't believe that for this time of year. Good mroing on the water. Water was at 57* down the lake and 54 up river. Tones of bait up river.

2. bigblaze

bigblaze New Member

State:
    NC
    YOU DA MAN!!!!

CONGRATS ON YOUR MONSTER!!!!!

3. fish-n-pitch

fish-n-pitch New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Robert are you catching your shad up the river fairly easily? And can you catch herring with and regularity on the lake, and where? Did the fish come on shad?

4. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    There shad everywhere out there. The only problem is theres alot of mirco shad. If you can get through them you should be able to get some decent ones. I was using herring this morning. There herring up river by the dam. Just watch going up there. With the water low those rocks are right below the surface. It only takes one hit to take out a lower unit.

5. fish-n-pitch

fish-n-pitch New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Are you having to right up to the dam to get the herring, and which side do you go up to the dam on, i know that one side is better than the other i just can't remember which side it is.

6. catrod

catrod New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Just go and throw!!! You should get bait! Don't be so set on where the bait is exactly just go and give it your best shot.

7. SUNDROP

SUNDROP New Member

State:
    Washington
    Nice catch! Sounds like a great day on the water!!!!

8. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Awesome day of fishin' - congrats! Hope we get to see some photos.