Lake Badin Report Sept26th

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Tomahawk, Sep 27, 2007.

1. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    Me and Catfishrus went out last night with a full moon. Didn't know what the fish would do. We did't pretty good, surprising. We caught 3 flats a 20, 30 and a 32lber. Also caught one decent blue at 38lbs. When i caught that 30lb flat I thought I hooked a 60lber. I snagged that 30lber in the side. That wasn't fun trying to bring up a flat snagged like that. Later in the evening I caught that bluecat. When I set the hook on him he took off like a frieght train and ran into 3 of other floats we had out there. Boy, what a mess. Still not bad for a fullmoon. See-ya.

2. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    heres a couple pictures of robert with his fish. i only caught one...the 32lb flathead.

Attached Files:

3. Live Baiter

Live Baiter New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Oh ****. Looks like we may be in trouble when its comes to the tournament.. lol :wink: Nice fish...

4. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    dont worry that hole wont get fished on oct 13. too valueable for that to happen. :wink: thats t.v. material.

5. killentime99

killentime99 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    might as well mail you tour money and stay home atleast ill save the gas money lol...

6. skiff_2

skiff_2 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    So there is a tournament at Badin on the 13th? Thanks

7. killentime99

killentime99 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    fished this morning and caught 5 anywhere from 4 to 9 pounds. seen alot of big ones rolling but they never did bite.

8. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    I've been seeing a lot of big fish roll on top this week down here on santee cooper lakes, but haven't heard of anyone catching them. Just wondering why so many would be doing it. I see them a lot, but lately it seems more than normal.

9. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    seems like we see this more in the fall and spring...or at least i think thats when i have seen it the most. its a known fact those fish arent in feeding mode when they are rolling, so im thinking maybe it has something to do with the fishes swim bladder in the spring and fall since the lakes make turnovers each year at those tmes. they got to be coming up for air is my thinking. its seems to be more of a early morning thing also. i dont know....just some thought.