Lake Badin report Sept 24th

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Tomahawk, Sep 24, 2007.

1. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    It was a really nice night on the water. Fished from 0300-0730. Caught 3 flatheads a 12lber, and two 30lbers. Also got two blues a 5lber and a 45lber. Caught afew channels also. Missed two other nice fish. All caught on live herring. There was only one other boat on the whole lake. Can't beat that. When i was coming in I found two lost jugs. I released a 25lb blue and a 30lber. I forgot, I did catch a 8lb striper in my cast net this morning. That was a surprise. See-ya.

2. Novice

Novice New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Ihave only fished baden once this year and got scunked Iam envise could you give me A cuple places to start next time go there thankes for what ever info. you feal is ok to give out thank you walter

3. skiff_2

skiff_2 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Nice work. At least those jugged fish got released. If they had been responsible enough to retrieve those jugs, the fish would probably have gone in thier cooler. I do a little jugging sometimes for some eating size, but I won't leave a jug no matter how it's hung. I'll be up there in 3 or 4 weeks. Be camping and fishing above the trussle. Don't tell anybody but I may even do a little jugging the first nite for supper.

4. Shark

Shark Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Way to go sounds like you had aball. I fishe from about 4.00 to midnight and only mustured up one channel about 5 pounds. Sounds like you could use what I'm catching for bait. Did you fish up river ?

5. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    Them fall fish are hard to find and fun to catch. Ya'll need to find good structure on the main channel and fish it with live bait and you'll get 'em. Tomahawk has rights to that hole. I always try to go with him if he's going to fish it. And I don't think you'll get him to tell you where it is and it's tough to find anyway if you ain't got it marked. I may have said too much already. Fish deep structure, live bait. good luck!!!!

6. CMJ

CMJ Guest

Hey Walter (Novice) , the area from old whitney boat ramp down to the golf course island is a good place to start looking. Look for structure, humps, ledges, dropoffs. good luck

7. killentime99

killentime99 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    we went out this morning fished old whitney area. nice day to be on the water.

Attached Files:

8. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    looky there and you was just going to mail in your money for the tournament....lol. nice fish!