Lake Badin report March10

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Tomahawk, Mar 10, 2007.

1. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    I tried drifting the lower lake this morning real early. Didn't get any bites so i headed up river. To my surprise they were running the water. I anchored up and caught afew blues. I got a 5lber,25lber and a 30lber. Along with several channel cats. Alot fo people out this morning most up river were fishing for crappie. It nice this morning for a change. I stayed on the water till 1100. Water was right at 50* and still muddy.

2. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    i found seven channels but the blues are still hiding from me. didnt even get a white cat today. any other day i wouldnt want one but i would have taken one today....lol. another tuff day for me. maybe next saturday who knows. sounds like you had a good day robert. congrates on the catch. i seen some other boats out there today too so post up!:big_smile:

3. jerry9497

jerry9497 New Member

State:
    Tobaccoville NC
    I got there late, caught no bait. fished with some frozen leftover fish. I caught 1 blue 8-10 lbs on my crappie rod had him to the surface but when he got ready he broke line and left. caught a 4lb channel. both about halfway up stretch to dam. wife and I were in the pontoon with tall trolling motor. we fished 2hrs then rode lake then went back to same area to look around. it was full of jugs when I went back. not as many boats there. around 3:big_smile:

4. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    I was out there as well today. I finally found a few later on in the day. Saw a good bit of them spotting scopes out there today. Good luck to ya'll in the tournament next weekend. I won't be making it. Wife's car dropped a valve yesterday, so I guess I'm doing that this week and there goes any money I had put away for fishing. oh well, take the good with the bad. Still might try to fish next weekend, but I might hit Falls or something. Don't want to be on Badin with all them hardcore fellas when I'm trying to relax.

5. gearhead

gearhead New Member

State:
    China Grove, NC
    I caught eight channels , one bullhead and zero blues.

6. breadboy

breadboy New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    wow looks like alot of people fish here, and all had bites. If you don't mind me asking what did you guys use for bait? I can readily get bream and wild shiners for cat bait, and can get menhaden (like shad) but it is out of the way.

7. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    Breadboy, most guys here use different baits different times of year. Right now, none of these boys are gonna' tell you too much. Big tournament next weekend so everything is hush hush.... for now. The best all aound bait is shad. Menhaden will probably work, but shad works good, live and cut. You get blues and channels on cut bait with an occasional flathead. You'll get more flatheads on live bait though. Hope this helps and good luck!

8. breadboy

breadboy New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    ok thanks i understand i probably wont make it out next week but probably week after next, unless the shad are running good over in the Cape Fear.