Lake Badin report March 06

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Tomahawk, Mar 6, 2007.

1. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    Well I finally found some blues this morning. Fishing up river. I caught a 5lber,20lber and a 40lber. Also caught some nice channel cats. That 40lber put a great fight in that strong current. It was really this morning. Then about 0900 the Ne winds started blowing really strong, so i left. Water is pretty muddy but it don't bother the blues too much. No one else was fishing the whole river, can't bet that. I know theres bigger ones up there, it's trying to find them. See-ya.

2. jfwillia1998

jfwillia1998 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Turfman, now you...it looks like Badin's blues are picking back up. Congrats on the day, must've been fun as he**. Might head back there soon.

3. Bream baiter

Bream baiter New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Seems like you always start catching some nice ones at Badin around the first week of March and through the rest of the month. Good to hear the fishing seems to be starting about normal.

4. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I heard a rumor from 2 different people up that way that said someone caught the new state record blue in badin. They said it was 89lbs. Just was wondering if anyone else had heard.

5. CKT

CKT Member

State:
    Winston-Salem,NC
    The man that caught the state record at badin is on here and it is true!

6. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I heard it was today.

7. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Bob Some Guys have ALL the Luck!! We Are All Iced Up Here In IOWA. Congrat. J.D.:dribble:

8. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    His handle is Live Baiter and he caught it back late last year. As a matter of fact, he is viewing this thread as I am writing this. Come on Eric, chime in and tell 'em! He's a nice guy too, I actually was takin' out the day he caught that fish and talked with him at the ramp. see ya

9. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Yeah I knew about Eric's monster in nov. but I heard somone caught this one today but you now how that goes.

10. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Erics was 89 pounds, so I don't know how an 89 pounder would beat it...unless it was 90!!!! LOL!!! :big_smile:

The fishing worlds loves a good rumor!!!! :big_smile:

11. Live Baiter

Live Baiter New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Yea man, I got that fish back in nov. 25. I heard there were some big ones caught resently.