Lake Badin Report Jan 09

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Tomahawk, Jan 9, 2007.

1. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    What a day on the water. The big blues were bitting. I went up river and found they had 3 1/2 floodgates open, alot of current. I ended up catching 4 channel cats and 3 blues. The blues went 30lbs, 38lbs, 48lbs. Fighting those big blues in that heavy current was hell. That 48lber stripped out over 60yds of line on me. It wasn't fun bringing him all the way back up river. I was the only one fishing up river this morning. Those blues this morning really whipped me. My arms are killing me. Had alot of fun though. Water is still pure mud and caught all fish on cut shad. Water temp was at 48*. See-ya.

2. Bobwheelr

Bobwheelr New Member

State:
    NC
    Robert, i must say that you are the (king of big cats on badin and tillery). Think you will agree, fishing for big blues is habit forming, the more you catch the more you want. I'm glad also that you release your fish so me or michael maybe can catch one in the near future. I saw a boat up river last week at tillery and ask him if he was tomahawk and he told me no but he wished he was , he would no where the big cats were.

Good catch

3. quailman

quailman New Member

State:
    north carolina
    way to go send some of that luck my way

4. fishinforcats

fishinforcats New Member

State:
    NC
    Nice catch Tomahawk...
    Can you tell me if they have any pattern at all for opening the gates? I never seem to time it right when there is any gates open at all.

5. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    I haven't found any pattern yet. I think you just have to watch how rain we get. A good educated guess usally works. It wouldn't take much rain for them to reopen the gates . The lakes are at full pond right now. They really had the water moving afew weeks ago. I had to use 4 oz of weight to hold on the bottom.

6. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    Hey, I tried some of them no roll sinkers last time in the current and they work good. They are like a flattened out egg sinker. You could probably take some egg sinkers and whack 'em with a hammer to make some no rolls. I wuld put a piece of wire or something in 'em so you don't cave the hole in though. I used 2 oz. no rolls and did fine with them.