Lake Badin Report Dec 05th

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Tomahawk, Dec 5, 2007.

1. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    Whoooa what a morning. MAn did I hook a gaint this morning. I found a bunch of fish on the bottom and decided to try it. At first I caught several stripers. Then afew channels. Then the big boy hit. Right when I set the hook I knew I had a big one. He never ran too far but decided to fight right around the boat. Man did he cause one heck of a mess with other rods. I was going over the top of them undernieth and everything else. After fighting this fish for 20min, I started getting tired. I relised when he was straight below the boat, I couldn't bring him up. I was like dam, how big is this fish. After about 10 more min, I saw a bunch of air bubbles come up. Then he went and wrapped around the back anchor line. I just released the anchor, so it was slack line. After that I slowly pulled him to the surface. When I first saw this fish I really got scared. I got him in the boat and wanted to take a break but couldn't. As I was fighting that blue, another rod went down, so i just engaged the clicker and let him run. That was a mistake, it was a striper, he took about all the line on that reel. The bluecat weighted out at 75lbs. Man what a fish. That thing really whipped my ass. I had a old timer who was crappie fishing take the pictures. Catfishrus will post them later. See-ya.

2. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    I sent Tomahawk an email yesterday telling him about a fellow on Lake Norman that had caught a 74 pound (48" long) Ark. Blue and that I was waiting to get a photo to present it to the BOC. Well, I bet he could not sleep last night thinking that someone on LKN had caught a larger fish than him or his buddies on Badin. Well, he showed me that he can produce! I don't fish Badin Lake much, but I sure know the spot. I think Turfman knows it too, he caught a 70+ Ark. Blue there in the spring.

Robert, you are the man! Thanks for sharing it with all of us. Mac

3. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Congrats Robert,
    I recently caught my PB blue of 47.9# what a fight. I cant imagine one at 75# way to go. Did you get the striper too? Cant wait for the pics.

4. Dean Shipwash

Dean Shipwash New Member

State:
    n.c Trinity
    Dude! heck of a catch. How many cats did u catch 2day?:big_smile:

5. Pier Pressure

Pier Pressure New Member

State:
    Mt.Pleasant,NC
    Nice catch Robert, I need one like that sat. To bad that old timer doesn't know to stand up high in the boat and take the pic at a downward angle so not to give away the location :wink:.

6. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    nice catch but my email said it didnt come from that spot.:wink: yal dont think robert would give away a honey before a tournament now do you.:smile2: my email said thats where the old timer was fishing. robert went to him for picture taking.:big_smile: congrates on the catch robert.

7. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Catfishrus, what do you say to my bet about it not being a deep water hog?

8. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    i agree mac but i cannot say too much with the main event saturday because things could get "deep" on here.:wink: i just know it didnt come from where the pictures was taken but i bet somebody will be setting there this weekend.:smile2: it wont be me either. any word on the norman blue as for a pic?

9. catrod

catrod New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Kinda looks like Falls to me not Badin!

10. killentime99

killentime99 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    nice fish. sure would like to see it again sat.

11. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Nice fish brother! One of these days, one of these days.

12. Live Baiter

Live Baiter New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Nice fish Robert. I know that one gave you a fit.:wink: Nice to see the big ones are coming out to play.:0a19:

13. jerry9497

jerry9497 New Member

State:
    Tobaccoville NC
    nice one, Thanks, I needed a boost to get me out in that cold. I will be at lake sat but no tourny:sad2:. I got pontoon troubles and plan to fix it sat. If I get there in time I will check out catch at weigh in. If I get the fever I may pull up at 5:30 am with my ski boat and castnet:smile2: I know a fellow that dont use his nice driftmaster rod holders when he's fishing:wink:

14. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    If any of you guys hook into a giant blue you better be ready for it. As in having the right gear and a big enough landing net. I would really hate have a fish that big and try grabbing it. That blue I caught wasn't the typical badin blue. Most are fat short and look like fat pigs. This one had a huge head on him on him. He had alot of pontental for growth in the stomach area. I wish the pictures came out better. But that was my fault. My camera was still on for night pictures. Can't wait for a bigger one.

15. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    All you Badin folks be sure to log into the NCWRC website and vote for the 32" rule on Badin and Norman.

You can follow this link: http://www.ncwildlife.org/ Follow the link to "submit a comment online" and go to the "fishing" section. It will be item F27.

Sometimes the site is slow, so please check back if you hit it at a bad time.

16. yadkinrivercats

yadkinrivercats Member

State:
    mocksville,n.c.
    Nice fish thanks for posting