Lake Badin report April13th

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Tomahawk, Apr 13, 2007.

1. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    Well the stripers are bitting pretty good. I went up river this morning and caught 5, from 6-15lbs. Aslo afew channel cats. Saw 3 other stripers caught. Almost lost a rod this morning. As I was fighting one striper, I looked over and saw another rod going down. I tried setting the hook and missed the fish. I put the other rod back down and reeled in the first striper. As I got the striper on board I looked over at the other rod and saw it go down in a second and just about leave the boat. I grabbed the rod and brought in a 15lb striper. I saw 3 other stripers caught. they weren't running much water and at 0900 they shut off the water. So I left. Plenty of bait this morning. Water was at 59*. The next two weeks should be wide open for stripers.

2. catrod

catrod New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Robert where you getting your bait at?

3. Live Baiter

Live Baiter New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Nice catch robert, Were thay running water when you got up there? Them 15lber sure fight good dont thay:smile2:

4. jfwillia1998

jfwillia1998 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    How are you guys fishing for the stripers? Anchored/trolling, cut bait/whole/live, bottom/free line?

Thanks,
    John

5. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    They had half a turbine open when I got up river friday morning. As for bait I got plenty in Garr creek. I also threw out one time up river and also loaded up. The bait starting to show up there pretty good. Now I have to find the herring. Were suppose to get 2' of rain torr, if that happens they will open the floodgates and it will kill the striper run this spring. I've seen that in the past. The big blues will bite though.

6. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    I got some herring at Badin on Thurs. up at the dam. I got some bait up there, herring and some threadfins. Garr Creek has plenty of gizzard shad in the back in about 10' of water. Those herring were some of the biggest I've seen, al were about 12-14". They looked like ocean run herring. Also threw the anchor out and tossed a jerkbait at some stripers rolling in the rocks. I got 2 big white bass and one striper in about 15 minutes. They're up there!