Lake Badin Report 4/10/07

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Live Baiter, Apr 10, 2007.

1. Live Baiter

Live Baiter New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Went to Badin this morning...hard to get bait. I finally got some to fish with. Did real good up river. Landed seven stripers and five channel cats. I caught the biggest striper that I have ever caught out of Badin. He was my first fish on. He took about twenty minutes to get to the boat...after he about spooled me. He weighed in a 25.5 lbs. Every thing quit bitting by 10am. Water temp wa 57.8. Here is a picture of that big striper. I couldn't catch a blue cat up river this morning for nothing...they must have moved back down river. Not alot of top water action up river...also didn't mark alot of fish either. See ya

Attached Files:

2. breadboy

breadboy New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    great striper man!

3. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    That's a darn good one! Did you get it on cutbait on the bottom or dragging freelines and stuff? Where did you muster up the bait at? I believe I'd put that one on the wall and be done with it!!!

4. Live Baiter

Live Baiter New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Chris, I was using cut bait on the bottom. I got my bait in the back of gar creek. I had to throw that 8 foot net for about 1 hour. There's some back there, but knot very much

5. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    eric thats a nice striper for badin. i have to agree with chris though. that one would go on my wall or maybe cut bait.....:lol: just kidding ya

6. CMJ

CMJ Guest

I would have bet that there was none left in Badin that size, nice catch.

7. Live Baiter

Live Baiter New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I have fished badin for 9years and have caught alot of stripers. Biggest one being 15lbs. I would have never thought there would still be some bigger fish left. Badin has alot of pressure when it comes to stripers.

8. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    That stripers looks like the 30lber I got on the wall from badin. Mine was very short and fat, real fat. I told people that this year was going to be good striper fishing up river. iam just surprised you caught one like that in 57*. Usally when a big cold front moves in like we had the stripers shut down. I usally do real well when the watert hits 62-63*. Probley going to try up there friday.

9. McDreamy

McDreamy New Member

State:
    nc
    beautiful striper man
    Eric

10. Rhinospawn

Rhinospawn New Member

State:
    North Dakota
    nice fish.. how big were the cats?

11. Live Baiter

Live Baiter New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    The channel cats were from 6 to 10 lbs

12. jpw

jpw New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Hey Eric were you fishing up river above the train tracks? My biggest Striper on Badin is 15 lbs, but I have caught a 12 pound Hybrid there. I have caught alot of 10 lb or better stripers there. Wish more would release the bigger fish..lol. There are more big stripers in there. Good luck!!

13. bubbasmouse

bubbasmouse New Member

State:
    Chesterfield South Carolina
    Great striper and thanks for the report.

14. Live Baiter

Live Baiter New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    James, I was fishing up river above the train tracks.

15. jfwillia1998

jfwillia1998 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Eric, are you anchoring or trolling up there? Thanks, and congrats. You've been tearing up some big fish lately.

John