Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

Lake Badin Report 3-5-07

1K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Rookie12 
#1 ·
Well we went to badin today for the first time in a while and had a pretty decent day. We caught a 4 blues with the two biggest being 55lb and 23lb. We also had several whites and channels. The water temp was 49 and muddy. Wind picked up pretty bad around lunch and fishing slowed down drastically.

#11 ·
thanks dieter and jeff. and yes jeff your right about michael he said he has been there a bunch lately he might be holding back and waiting until he gets in the red lund. That red lund always scares me on tournament day. lol
hey eddie that red one dont come out unless it on payday...:lol: might not see it at badin with my luck lately. heck ive looked everywhere. i ve just heard the reports of good fish being caught and i seen pictures from differnt folks. i believe its going to be a big weigh in the tournament. maybe 150lbs if someone hits it right. never know though things could change. big fish could surprise alot of folks too. i need lots of practice myself because 5 channels wont get the job done. good thing is last year was the same way for us and we managed to get lucky. thats all it takes:big_smile:

#12 ·
hey last year the same thing happened like it is happening this year. we went out a couple of weeks before the tournament and got a 40+ fish and 4 more in the 10 to 15 range. we went back the tuesday before the tournament and caught several good fish in different areas and then the day of the tournament we only caught 2 blues the whole day and they werent very big. And knowing my luck the same thing will happen this year. lol

#13 ·
You shouldn't make predictions like that because it looks like they come true. You should have said, I'll bring in 5 fish at 30 lb. each. Then you would have a the fat envelope come 3 PM. lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.