Lake Badin report 26 April

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Tomahawk, Apr 26, 2007.

1. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    Boy were the fish hitting this morning. It started alittle slow. But when they started running water it was on. I caught 7 stripers 3-8lbs and 10-12 channel cats and 1 baby flathead.. Some the channels were pretty nice size. Those things were wearing me out there for awhile. Also lost two fish on live whiteperch with floatrig. All the fish came from cutbait this morning. They wouldn't touch live shad for anything. Go figure on that. There only two other boats fishing the whole river system and they were up in the fast water throwing lures. You don't find it like that for this time of to often. The water temp is up to 62*. Afew more warm days and the flathead bite will be on. Can't wait for that. See-ya.

2. Live Baiter

Live Baiter New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Nice catch robert, I am going to give it a try in the morning. Maby there is some left for me? lol. Thanks for the report.

3. catrod

catrod New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Wow! what a day, sounds like you had your hands full!

4. Shark

Shark Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Were you anchored or drifting when you caught all those fish? Sounds like you has a really nice day. congrats. If I catch 3 or 4 I think I've had a good day.