Lake Badin report 15th May.

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Tomahawk, May 15, 2007.

1. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    Well some bigger fish were bitting this morning. I caught 11 flats from 5-35lbs and a 30lb bluecat up river. Both of the bigger fish put up great fights. Not many boats up river this morning. Caught all flats on live bait and the blue on cut shad. Water temp was at 67*. Can't wait to hook a bigger flat. See-ya.

2. Bream baiter

Bream baiter New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Best I could do a couple of weeks ago was 10 lbs. Good to know some bigger flats are starting to bite.

3. Shark

Shark Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Sounds like you had a really nice morning. All I could muster were two little channels. Were you fishing right behind the dam at about 7.00am? we came and caught bait sometime around then and I thought that was you just above me. Did you catch your fish before sun rise? I didn't get started fishing till about 7.30am. Were you fishing out of I think a crestliner. I was in a sea swirl. Maybe location is my problem the closest I fished the dam was about a 100 yards down river. A slow day fishing for me is always better than a day at work . Thanks Robert .