Lake Badin report 10-6-07

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by catfishrus, Oct 7, 2007.

1. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    teamed up with tomahawk for a flathead trip to badin. bite remained slow as friday night at tillery but we landed 4 flats and 1 blue and a few channels. biggest flat was 33lbs and the blue was a round 10-12lbs. marked better fish later in the night but they would take the baits. picture turned out a little blurry but maybe it was from the bugs we ran into...lol. they(bugs) was bad the first hour after dark. i think the east winds have taken there toll on the bite this week but fish still willing to feed for those with patience.

Attached Files:

2. Live Baiter

Live Baiter New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Jim and I went to Badin Saturday night also. Bite was kinda slow, we ended up with seven whites, one channel and one blue. The blue was 37pounds. It is time to start fishing this lake during tournament hours, to see if we can catch the same fish. With the warm weather and the water being so low, it is definitely going to be intresting come Saturday. I took some pictures of it...but, they didn't come out. The only picture I do have is horrible...but, you can tell a little...I do know that the bugs were crazy until about 10:30pm.

Attached Files:

3. catrod

catrod New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    All you night fisherman need to get a Thermacell, these things really work! I have been out many times in the past 2-3 years with one and wouldn't trade it for any other kind of bug deterent. Plus you dont have to stink like bug spray when you go home. Those of you with bait tanks will really like it 'cause you wont kill bait with accidental bug spray in the tank from your hands and arms. Eric congrats on the big blue, maybe you and Jim will get more like it on the 13th!:wink:

4. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    catrod i have one of them things but the bugs about eat it off of me at santee one night. maybe something was wrong with it but it was new. could of been that they dont work in a lite breeze too. better in closed in areas? good thing the bugs wasnt biting too bad. just buzzing in your eyes,ears, and every now and then one in the mouth...lol. not much bigger than a shad scale though.:smile2:

5. Bryan8552

Bryan8552 New Member

State:
    nc
    OK, I'll be the first to ask again. What in the world is a thermacell?

6. Live Baiter

Live Baiter New Member

State:
    North Carolina

Bryan, it a device that deters bugs away from you..it is about as big as a cell phone and it really works well. I have a friend that has one and I didn't believe it until I saw it myself. You can get them at Bass Pro for around $20.

7. Bryan8552

Bryan8552 New Member

State:
    nc
    not much bigger than a shad scale though.:smile2:[/quote]

Not meaning to change the subject....But speaking of shad scales...
    We can go fishing on Saturday, come home, take a shower every day, go to work with shoes and socks on, half the week, and come about Wednesday night I might be laid back in the big chair watching TV and when the light gets just right I'll find three or four of em' stuck to my toes.

Those things are about like super glue, ain't they?

8. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    10-4 good buddy on the shad scales ticking to your fingers and everything else like glue. :angry: