Lake Badin Report 10/31

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Live Baiter, Oct 31, 2007.

1. Live Baiter

Live Baiter New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Went to Badin this morning, trying to get after some stripes. The lake has risen over 3'. It is real easy to get a boat in and out at Old Whitney. The water temp was 67degrees..this morning and foggy. Put in at 6:30am and left by noon. I got three stripers this morning, a 5,7 and a 12 pounders, 3 channels, a 4,6 and a 9 pounder. Also I got into some big white perch, quite a few of them were a pound to a pound and a half. Ended up with 96. Caught everything jigging. The water temp rose to 73 degrees before I left. It's not quite time to get those stripers yet..but, I bet within a week it will be on...:wink:

2. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    Where did you find 'em at Eric? It's about that time man!!! How's the bait on Badin? Gald to see the lake back up. They had to be running some serious current and you know what that means. see ya

3. Live Baiter

Live Baiter New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Hey Chris, Those fish are staging right now around the golf course. I belive them fish are waiting on cooler water to head up river. Going in the morning.. I will let you know how I do.. See ya

4. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    Thanks Eric, I figured they would be somewhere in there by now. I appreciate the info. don't catch 'em all now!

5. Pier Pressure

Pier Pressure New Member

State:
    Mt.Pleasant,NC
    I took my 5 yr old son to Badin this morning, boy it was W I N D Y this morning. First fish was a channel on the left outside board and I let him crank until he was tired, it was about only about 4 lbs. but way out there. Second fish was a 6 lb. striper caught at 22' over a 40' bottom and then the bites stopped. Both fish came on BB herring. The blues rolled and the carp jumped but the stripes never did bust. Water was 67* at old whitney and 63.5* at the dam, water was muddy up to the trestle.