Lake Badin or High Rock??

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Shark, Nov 8, 2007.

1. Shark

Shark Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Any body been fishing either of the two? Been kind of quite lately. I've finally got a day off monday and I am wanting to go but not sure which would be best. Where's the bait ? What areas are you fishing. Thanks for any help

2. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    Well Shark not many people are posting because of the juggers. Everytime we post some good reports, guess who shows up in force.

3. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    tomahawk is right esp. in the summer months. its does get old but winter time is coming upon us and only the serious fisherman are willing to take the cold and the fishing will pick up. flathead bite has slow way down so to answer your question of highrock or badin? depends on what you want to catch. blues should be starting to feed up so badin might be the best chance for a trophy now. lots of blues rolling at badin on top but catching them has been a different story.

4. killentime99

killentime99 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    havent been catching much on badin lately but bait shouldnt be hard to find water has come up some i was able to get my boat up to dam last sat. although had to trim motor up and troll in.

5. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    went to badin today. fished from daylight until 4.00pm. lost count on the channels cats but somewhere in the neighborhood of 50. lot of action! i drifted all day and bait didnt seem to matter. they had their running shoes on for sure. water temp was 62 and white capping most of the day. might of caught a blue or two also but i cannot remember.:smile2: tournament coming:wink:

Attached Files:

6. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    That's some good action there man! Sometimes it's just nice to wear the fish out.

7. CMJ

CMJ Guest

Nice catch Michael, My rear end is getting sore from setting in deer stands, I'm starting to get fishing on my mind again....:wink:

8. killentime99

killentime99 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    nice catch you go ahead and get it all out of your system. going out in the morning hopefully you didnt wear them all out.

9. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    I'll be there bright and early chasing stripers, but I'll have a few cat rods in the boat. Beige Tracker v-16. If you see me, give a shout. see ya