Lake Badin for the first time

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by ncfowler, May 12, 2007.

1. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    well today i went to badin for the first time, i have fished high rock and tuckertown but never got to do badin, I had a time getting some shad but did managen to get some up around the dam i lost my net had to cut it free form a hang up so time to get another new one, my back up net got hung up as well but i was able go free it up with little damage, I decided to fish about 2-300 yds below the dam on a drift using slip bobbers, i got several nice channels in the 5+lbs range and one massive hookup that took me for a little boat ride and ended up getting off. I made the mistake of leaving this spot and trying other areas but had little luck, i did manage to run into a school of shad to restock my bait tank, over all the lake was calm untill the thunder storm came in around a 12 but by then i was off the lake and just pulling out of the parking lot. thats a nice looking lake and i hope to take more trips there

2. Ghoulscout 13

Ghoulscout 13 New Member

State:
    North carolina
    well jeff at least you caught somthing, thats better than ive done all season.

3. Shark

Shark Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Thats cool except for loosing your net. Where were you when you lost it? Were you letting it drag on the bottom ? I know the feeling I have a hard time getting shad myself. At least you caught something and had a hook up thats better than me lately. Were you using live bait or cut? Did you catch the fish real early in the morning or oninto mid morning? Sounds like fun to me. Thanks

4. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    i fished the tournament last night and there was plenty of bait in garr creek. go to the back of it in 4-5-6 ft of water. lots of small shad in there but if hunt a little you can get some good ones too. one fellow i talked too said he got some at the wall up at the dam but he had to walk up there to get it.

5. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    i was getting my cats on live shad using a slipbobber i was in about 12' of water the bait was set to 10' i also was using a drift weight but the bottom is to rockey for it to work well, the slipbobber were the ticket.time to get more big floats