Lake Badin catfish

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by j simpson, Oct 29, 2007.

1. j simpson

j simpson New Member

State:
    nc
    Well rookie12 I'm going to my parents this weekend to visit in va. and they love catfish so i thought I would supply the fish, thats how I know what was in his belly. Jeff

2. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    10-4, just wondering. I personally dont' like kiling big ones, but I won't hold it against ya'. I do think there is abig difference in the way a little 3 lb. blue tastes and the way a big one tastes. I like the little ones myself. Hopefully, you'll get a 40 lb. blue this winter. The colder, the better. And I always cut the stomachs of fish I eat. I need every advantage I can get. see ya

3. j simpson

j simpson New Member

State:
    nc
    thanks for the reply, I am new at this catfishing always been a striper fisherman mainly on smith mtn. lake, biggest 34.5. I will remember that rookie12 about keeping smaller ones to eat and release the big ones Jeff

4. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    Thanks, and there is some good striper fishing aorund here too, but not quite that big. Biggest I've got is a 17 lb. fish out of Badin. hopefully see ya' on the lake.