Lake Badin bait

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Live Baiter, Apr 9, 2007.

1. Live Baiter

Live Baiter New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Anybody fished badin lately, Could anybody tell me where the bait went?

2. CMJ

CMJ Guest

I don't know where the bait went at Badin Eric, but I believe the bait at Tillery followed it....:lol: I'm getting enough but having to work harder for it.

3. Live Baiter

Live Baiter New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Are you getting bait in the boat ramp cove?

4. CMJ

CMJ Guest

Yea, but there's not as much there as there has been, I got some small and medium size threadfin today, and not as many of the big gizzards.

5. riddleofsteel

riddleofsteel New Member

State:
    NC
    My fav spots on a local lake I bet I threw 50 times for enough bait to fish Friday. I did see what I thought were clouds of bait fish in 16' of water suspended about 1 to 2' above the bottom on the sonar.

6. McDreamy

McDreamy New Member

State:
    nc
    there is some bait up at the dam on tuckertown rd if u get there before all the striper fishermen are cause they are running hot and heavy. the shad are building up right below where the concrete is just poured down the hill right off the rocks about 10 to 15 ft out maybe even further thats as far as i care to throw my net. they arent staying there long about the time the sun hits the rocks they are gone.

7. jerry9497

jerry9497 New Member

State:
    Tobaccoville NC
    it's been hard for me also. I caught enough to fish in small cove across from BSR, in the mouth, they were scattered. I went up to dam with 24' pontoon, current was strong and I dont know my way around up there so I backed off. I figured I would anchor and watch afew boats go up but none came.. can't make it back down there till weekend.