Lake Badin 9/16

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by jerry9497, Sep 16, 2007.

1. jerry9497

jerry9497 New Member

State:
    Tobaccoville NC
    We tried Badin this weekend, not much luck fishing. but easy to do some scouting...lol water is way down I dont know how much but looks 8 feet or so. the day slips at badin shores are dry but most payslips were still floating. I took some pics to help me in futre trips heres some.

Attached Files:

2. jerry9497

jerry9497 New Member

State:
    Tobaccoville NC
    These are around the dam, very shallow, there were tons of rocks just under the water in these pics. also old whitny wasnt real good I saw one truck change there mind and not go, seen one come in and load up sucssefully.

Attached Files:

3. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    That stinks man. I haven't fished Badin in a long time and never for cats, but that's just a shame. I know how hard it is to even put a boat in there when the water's low.

4. Shark

Shark Member

State:
    North Carolina
    The pic labled channel is that on the way to the dam ???

5. jerry9497

jerry9497 New Member

State:
    Tobaccoville NC

yea thats way to dam, I wanted pics so I could see how to get thru....geeze thats scrony. water that is there is only a few inches deep. we beached the boat wayyyy down stream and walked up to it. I was near old whitney ramp and the water off to either side of the ramp was 1ft in places, very shallow until your towards the middle of lake. I put in at BSR but didnt try to load it up. I should have left it on trailer but I went ahead and launched it. BSR ramp is near it's unuseable state. The ramp is smooth drop off on hard bottom however it's so shallow you have to back up til front tires are almost completely under water to get trailer deep enough. I hope this will start going the other way soon. however I do like the nice beaches to land the toon on.

6. catrod

catrod New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Thanks for the great pics and info! It sure is hard to get around when its down like that and I think I'll change my mind for going to Badin this week!

7. Live Baiter

Live Baiter New Member

State:
    North Carolina

Hey Rod, I was at badin today.. Its down real good,but you can put in at old whitney. Just got to be real careful right pass the no wake bouy.. It comes up to 2 feet...

8. skiff_2

skiff_2 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Anybody know anything about those campsite clearings above the trussle on the right. I camped at that last one before the island before, but didn't know if I was ok to be there or not.

9. Pier Pressure

Pier Pressure New Member

State:
    Mt.Pleasant,NC
    You will be fine since that is Alcoa game land and I've never had a problem camping there. The statewide fire ban was temp. lifted but it will be back I'm sure. Jim

10. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    And we thought everyone was being tight lipped about their catches!!! It looks like no one is fishing because they cant get in the water safely.

11. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    naw ....we wouldnt do that. not here! ......you must be kidding.:smile2:fish are biting if you can find them. i saw some nice catches on the yadkin chain last saturday.:wink:

12. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    see what i mean my sons in pain!:wink:

Attached Files:

• br6.jpg
      br6.jpg
      File size:
      35.2 KB
      Views: