Lake Badin 7/28

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Rookie12, Jul 30, 2007.

1. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    I fished Badin with a buddy of mine today from 6 AM until around 3PM. We did alright today. Nothing too serious, just spending some time on the water. Ended up with about 7 or 8 cats I think. mixture of blues and channels. No monsters, but did catch a whopper 14 lb. channel cat today drifting. Brim heads were the ticket, and I only had a few, but when I put one out it would get hit within minutes. Also played around with the perch and landed around 80 or so in a couple hours. Kept about 30 or 40 of the bigger ones and a couple channel cats for the table. Nice day on the water! plenty of shad in Garr Creek. drifted water from 4 ft. to 45 ft. big channel came out of 45 ft. of water. The rest were scattered as well. Saw a few striper on top in the AM as well, but couldn't get to 'em in time. all fish caught drifting.

2. skiff_2

skiff_2 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Wish I was there now. I meet up with friends and camp up above the trussle(near gar creek) on the right. Great spot.

3. DAKATKILLA

DAKATKILLA Member

State:
    CHARLOTTE
    iam tryin to see were i can can get bait fish at badin on the alcoa landing shad is wat iam lookin for or any other fish catfish like ...iam gonna try juggin let them out and rod a reel fish........were is ther a good spot to fish for the cats .........I NEED INFO PLZZZZZZZZ HELP ME

4. gearhead

gearhead New Member

State:
    China Grove, NC
    If you jugg you might not get much help here.

5. BuzzingCatfish

BuzzingCatfish New Member

State:
    NC
  6. roth0411

roth0411 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Does any one know of a good spot for the land locked to catch some cats. Would like to take my son so he can have some fun.