Lake Badin 6/16

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Rookie12, Jun 16, 2007.

1. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    Well, you can definately tell the spawn is in full swing. Big fish are few and far between. Caught some smaller blues suspended in 60 ft. of water. Caught a couple smaller flatheads on slip floats with live perch. Hooked a NICE flathead last night but he got in some rocks and broke me off. That's what you get for fishing deep in the heart of structure like that. Had another nice run that totally smashed my 8" perch flat. pretty sure it was a flat, but didn't hook up. Beautiful night on the water! called it @
    2AM.

2. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    Well Chris I was wondering if it was you. They had a boat accident on BAdin near garr creek this morning. I think before daylight. They were still looking for one person. Don't know too much about it. I rode to Alco ramp this morning and an old timer told me about it.

3. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    No, it wasn't me thank goodness. I didn't see a whole lto of trucks at the ramp when I took out. I know that Livebaiter and Catrod were out too. I hope it wasn't them. I talked to them when I was up at the dam getting bait.

4. Live Baiter

Live Baiter New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    No, it wasn't us.. we left about 3:00am..There was no one left at the boat ramp when we left. Does anybody know what happen?

5. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    Did ya'll do any good? They kind of gave me the slip. the big ones anyway. i had only one nice fish that was over 30 lb. hooked, but he's still swimmin!

6. CMJ

CMJ Guest

Well , glad it was none of ya'll in the accident, I hate it was anybody. I been trying to keep a close eye and ear out while I'm anchored , especially before daylight and foggy mornings. I see a lot of boats coming right toward me and act like they don't see you until the last minute, and that's on clear days.

7. ncdeerhunter

ncdeerhunter New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Does anyone know anyone in a deep v Fisher. They nearly ran us over a couple sunday nights ago. It even looked like they swerved in our direction, right when they got about 20 yds away they backed off the throttle completely. LOL i was about to abandon ship to say the least. I don't know if they were doing it on purpose or what but hope I don't run into them again, we thought about pulling anchor and chasing them down but they took off like a bat out of hell.

8. Bream baiter

Bream baiter New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    The guy that I know about who runs a deep v Fisher has a 21 foot Fisher or close to it with a T top. He striper fishes. I've seen him dozens of times over a period of years and he has always been a good boat operator so it must be somebody else.