Lake Badin, 3-3-07

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by CMJ, Mar 3, 2007.

1. CMJ

CMJ Guest

Me and John went to Badin this morning looking for blues but all we got were some channels and whites. There was plenty of bait , current, and WIND. The water temp was 50.

2. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    I couldn't find 'em either Jeff. I did bring some crappie rods with me and caught a few of them to give me something to do. That wind was tough. I think the front plus the full moon may have had something to do with it. The crappie wouldn't even hit right. I did catch a 3-4 lb. striper on 4 lb. test line on a crappie rig. That was interesting! later

3. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    The fish are FULL!!! Two days or roaring water and bait flying by their mouths has them stuffed!!! :eek:oooh:

4. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    aw! you just got to go with the right badin guide boys. tomahawk and i went down this morning and i got schooled again. i had him down for a little while and it was looking good for me and my one channel cat then all of a sudden i hear a man grunting beside of me. i look over and hes got one. dang it!...lol. he put me in my place with a nice 25lber blue cat. he let me stay for another hour with hopes that was not filled. not the best day on the water but a good sign of hope after yesterday wind blast. what did i learn today you might ask? dedication in the right area will produce "sometimes".:big_smile:

5. gearhead

gearhead New Member

State:
    China Grove, NC
    Me and my cousin went in seperate boats to badin saturday to cover more ground and try to keep up with the blues for the tournament coming up but the bite was off for me , the sat. before last i caught 16 cats and 1 striper myself and seemed like hundreds of bites and misses at badin. The 2 gates open and the full moon or lunor eclipse or 30 mph wind, i just tucked my tail and got off the water at lunch ,tough times.

6. jerry9497

jerry9497 New Member

State:
    Tobaccoville NC
    I wanted to go this weekend but got forced to work instead. maybe that was good thing. I'll have a little extra money next weekend. I know youll say bad day fishing is better than.........
    Cold,wind, no fish...it's a toss up. but who knows, with tourny coming up yall prob all had great day. :big_smile:

7. jfwillia1998

jfwillia1998 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    I think Jeff and I are going to have to stop fishing together - we keep causing the wind to get up...:big_smile:

8. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    water temp 49-50 fishing down river. i got 10-12 channels. i seen some bigger fish rolling on top early this morning but could tell what they where from a 100 yards anchored in the muddy water. i found one little hole that had some channels in it. i kept drifting through them hopeing for a blue but never got one. marked some nice fish too but they just wasnt biting. had one striper 3-4lb.

9. Bryan8552

Bryan8552 New Member

State:
    nc
    These Kerr Lake cats are stuffed as well. The skin on their bellies looks like it's about to pop. Over the last two weeks or so we've eaten a couple of them and they're packed full of little 1 1/2 to 2 inch shad. It's hard to believe they could that full and still take our bait.